PLEASE do NOT buy this car
By chefgirl1 on
2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I have owned my Corolla for 3 years now. It had 57,000 miles on it. The only cars i have ever had have been Toyotas. Never Again!! My accelerator pedal became stuck 2 days ago I was merging into oncoming traffic on the interstate. I went from 35 mph to a sudden 75 before the pedal came "unstuck". It was the horrifying! My car was not a part of the recent recalls. Until after the incident. I am scarred to drive the car now. I warn all owners and people looking to purchase! it can happen to you! I never thought this would happen to me ever!
Favorite Features
I called the dealership when I heard about all the recall stuff. i was told by the service manager it was perfectly safe to drive my car. She told me it was built in Japan, and that it was not a part of the recall. The day after the event with the pedal she called me back and told me to bring the car in that she had just been informed of the petal recall. the said they performed test on the vehicle reading the edr box. they said they found nothing wrong with my car. no signs that the event had taken place. i told them i no longer feel safe in this car, please do not make me drive it. I was told i had no choice that they couldnt help me.
Suggested Improvements
After much research i have discovered that there is no possible way the read the box. they only have one computer that can read them in the entire United States. I also discovered countless stories like mine. even on cars that have had the recall performed. What is wrong with you Toyota? how do you sleep at night? Knowing that people are in danger to drive the vehicles you have made. I seriously think they have a major problem. Please do not buy one of these cars, ever! if you have one and it gets stuck, neutral and all the way brakes!! I will pray for your protection if u r driving one....
By jaysgirl
on 06/02/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

I totally agree. Toyota is not the way to go anymore. I have the same car with the same problems. Only mine was built in Canada. I actually thought that was part of the problem but its not. It is actually not recommended to buy any newer Toyotas period. Almost all models are having the same problem and they are doing nothing about it. I have had two Toyota cars before this one but never again!!! DONT BUY TOYOTA YOUR BRAKES WILL FAIL!!!