Overall I'm pleased with it, but.....
By Corrolla Rolla on
2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
The suspension on the S feels very sure-footed. The styling is surprisingly sporty. The economy is good. The engine feels solid. The car is an overall good size. It's pretty well insulated. Good sound. Great heat and AC. Feels nice to drive. nice little extras on the S. There are drawbacks though. The exterior paint is not durable at all. The brakes are a bit squishy compared to other new cars. The transmission shifts up if I brake going down hill, but the service shop claims nothing is wrong. The headliner feels hollow. Plastic clips hold interior pieces together instead of screws. Poor water drop management. You can NEVER turn your lights off in the dark...EVER
Favorite Features
Exterior/Interior styling. Fuel Economy. Engine Build. Handling. Size. UV filter on windows. Freeway performance. Price. To me, it feels like a Jr. Lexus IS. Plus I don't think I'll ever be upside down on this thing and I only put $3000 as a down payment. Hopefully the value retains well.
Suggested Improvements
Paint needs to be durable...not more durable...durable to begin with. Brakes could be more responsive. Stop cutting corners with headliner, plastic clips instead of screws, lack of reinforcement in wheel wells, etc. Quit dragging a$$ with issuing and addressing these recalls. It's frustrating.