2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
First Sedan
By Christine on 07/15/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to buy a new reliable car. I test drove the civic and corolla. I loved the look of the new corolla. I've always owned coupes so buying a sedan was a hard choice for me but, buying a Toyota was an easy decision based on family, friends, and this website. I have owned it for 3 months now and have about 3500 miles on it. I was really worried about the steering everyone complains about but, I don't notice it in my car. I agree the clock should be in a different spot. The seats need more support. My back hurt for the first few days but now I'm used to it. The interior plastic scratches really easily. 35MPG & price!

Love my Corolla!
By Graham on 07/13/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got a 2009 Corolla LE. My mom loves it and she and I think the handling is better than we expected, has great fuel mileage, tackles corners with ease, comfortable. I do not know why people complain about the steering, could it be the tires?

It is a Corolla
By pacu44 on 07/06/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Reputation and peace of mind... Road trip day after purchase, good trip... Surprised at the good ride... Good highway driving... Smooth, predictable and great MPG... Needed to get used to brakes and steering... After the 400 mile trip, no problem... It is a Corolla, I read these reviews and see some expecting a mini Lexus... I am pleased so far... For the money, just don't breakdown and get good MPG and I will be satisfied...

Gotta Love It
By jen on 06/28/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2007 Corolla S that was totaled two weeks ago. One of my main reasons for buying the 2009 Corolla was my 2007 held it's value like no other. I ended up not owing a penny on the 2007. I love the Corolla because of its reliability, look, gas mileage and it just seems to have a little more pep than my 2007 did. I agree with the other reviews in that you've got to have both hands on the steering wheel at times to control the vehicle but I had the same issue with my 2007. I also agree that the temperature, clock etc. is horrible and would love to see Toyota update the stereo so that it displays the song and station call letters like the two GM rentals that I had. Overall love it!

Buy this car!
By stacey on 06/21/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT MPGs - 38.1 mpg combined (per dashboard computer) - I drive 90 mi/day (mostly hwy) @ speed limit. Speeding reduces MPG. Pluses: not expensive, nice looking, comfortable seats, roomy, high quality everything. Easy shifting, Fog lights, Auto light on, Clock, Trip calculator, Exterior, Ro braking, VSC, Traction Control.

Cheap exterior and interior
By shivani on 06/14/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

One of my friends recently backed out into my rear bumper of my corolla, and it wasn't a very light impact, but my whole bumper came off, while his car doesn't even have a scratch. My sister has a '06 corolla, people have hit her car so many times in so many places, but nothing as drastic as a whole part falling off has happened to her. It is very disappointing that such a small accident could do such damage, makes me wonder what would happen if I got hit on a street where people are actually driving 30 mph, instead of 2? Also, the mileage of the car is good, but not good for a Toyota, as I had expected it.

Corrola Review
By Dave on 06/11/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good gas mileage, but limited leg room for a 6 ft 1" person. I travel 120 miles round trip daily. I would have liked to have a height adjustable passenger seat option. Trip computer access is difficult. Moderate road noise. Overall good commuter car for the money. So far, mechanics good with 20,000 miles.

Corolla or Camry?
By John on 06/09/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After reading reviews on many websites I found that Civic is better than Corolla S, but when you test drive both you will find more room, driving comfort and other features in corolla than civic. I drive it daily 100 miles on freeways, at first steering feels loose but when you get used to it you will enjoy its easy handling. No need to say much about corolla reliability and MPG. I don't personally know any person who has problem with corolla on these. I have drove V8 SUV which also feels loose on the Interstates at more than >85MPH. With 132hp corolla and 140hp civic not gonna make much difference on power. Overall it's great looking car, great MPG, reliable and ya people confuse it for Camry.

Not a bad car
By Donna on 06/03/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 VW jetta before I bought this car and it was quite a sturdy and solid drive even in string wind, however not nearly as reliable as the 2009 Corolla LE. But the corolla LE is not that sturdy even with VSC option. I still sway quite a bit driving across highway bridges when it's windy. Interior is cheap plastic and not enough lighting at night. I have 9,000 miles on it and so far no mechanical issues.

Thinkin' this was the best for fuel
By BEARBORG on 05/27/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Driven the car for 7.5 months (50,000 KM-now)and I am extremely disappointed as it's not fuel efficient at all! All I have been told is...wait for engine break-in. Only made 26 mi/gal (doing 95% highway driving) in the Winter, now up to 32 mi/gal in Spring. I've complained each month about the fuel economy when taking the car in for reg. oil changes. The other items I have had continual problems with are: air leakage by your head-along windows, squealing fan belt, flat tires that will not hold patches and plugs, these are constant and ongoing. I built cars on the internet comparing/researching prior to buying...due to the miles I make. My goals were gas savings,comfort,value.. Nothing was met

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$102 per month*