Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 287 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

toyota corolla sport great value auto
By Bobalink

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is very dependable, handles good but steering is numb, the sport model has comfortable seating and good smooth ride. Car is responsive and will give 36-37 mpg on hwy with Cruise set at 73-74 mph., get 28-29 mpg. City driving. No problems in the 16 months I have owned the car & driven 10k.

comfortable seating, smooth shifting, excellent gas mileage, adequate power, good audio/stereo system.

improve rear/side visibility, heavier coat of exterior paint would be nice. Improve steering sensitiveness.

Corolla vs. Civic
By Kevin

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2008 Civic that was totaled and replaced it with a 2009 Corolla. The Corolla is much quieter and smoother on the road and the stereo in the LE Corolla has a much richer sound than did the LX Civic. The Corolla gets fantastic gas mileage, as did the Civic, 35mpg is easy.

Smoothness, quietness, roominess.

Make the auto driver auto up as well as auto down.

I love my Corolla S
By Ari

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my 09 Corolla S as of today it has 43k miles on it. It delivers on everything Toyota claims. Incredible fuel economy I commonly get over 40 MPG with mixed driving. On a trip from Sacramento CA to Los Angeles CA I averaged 45.3 MPG with the cruise set to 70 MPH and yes after driving over 370 miles I had over a half tank showing on the display. Styling is very impressive for a compact car. It gives you the feel of a much larger car while driving. Corners like a sports car with very little body roll or tire squeaks. I am the owner of a used car dealership so I drive dozens of cars on a daily basis I would recommend this car to anybody hands down!

fuel economy, styling, interior features, and comfort.

This was a tough one! I guess I'd use thicker floor mats I've placed a hole on the bottom of the driver's side mat from where my heal makes contact.

Traded-in 09 toyota corolla
By steve

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this 09 corolla s model in DEC of 09 and traded it in on March of this year (2010). Corolla was garbage. Steering was horrible wind blew the car all over the highway and if a 18-Wheeler passed you, you had better hold on for dear life. Car was a death trap and after 4 month's I had enough and got a 2010 Kia forte coup and the difference between the 2 cars is night and day. Easy to see why Toyota is having all these problems. They are not building quality cars like they used to. According to owners reviews on this site i am not the only one who had problems with the corolla.

the mpg

fix the steering issues that seem to be plaguing the corollas before somebody gets killed like i almost was.

Satisfied customer
By Manatee Co. Fl.

2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for back and forth to work and get 34-36 mpg year round and 40 on the highway. It is roomy for its size and with the backseat down I can carry all sorts of things.

It is very quiet and gets great mileage.I change my own oil and it is very easy to service.

Change the location of the clock.