Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 287 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

40,000 and counting
By tboyd8701

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla S for just over 2 years now and put 43,000 miles on it so far. It lacks in the power, but makes up for it with 34-36 mpg. Handling is decent. Interior comfort is good, I drive for about 2 hours a day. I have not had any mechanical issues with the car yet and as for the recalls maybe people should take some defensive driving lessons or learn how to turn the ignition off and stop trying to get rich off of Toyota. Toyota was very good about taking care of the recalls and if I had to do it over again, I would without a doubt buy this car. Overall a great small car.

Gas mileage is great, handles nice.

It could use a little more power.

toyota corollaS 2009
By erica fisher

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I always get excellent customer service at colonial Toyota when I bring my car in for service. I have never owned a Toyota before, and it won't be my last! I would recommend the car and service at colonial Toyota.

6 disc changer, lots of room, rides nice, and very comfortable.

i have no complaints

It gets the job done!
By Hurasame

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife totaled our 2006 Corolla LE. Decided we wanted another Corolla but with a little sport. So we purchased the S Model. Car looks sleek and aggressive. I agree with some posters that the paint needs to be more durable. Like maybe 3 or 4 layers. Gas mileage is incredible and you have to love spending about $30 dollars to fill up the tank. I wish though the seats can be adjusted in more different ways and the steering feels at times a little artificial. Other than that, I'd buy another Corolla.

Gas Mileage, easy to drive, drives well built

Fix the artificial steering feel, more durable paint, clock should belong on the center console like the older model, why does the outside temp have to be with the clock and mpg settings?

3 recalls and counting
By Martha

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My car has had 3 recalls and a TSB. In the 14 months I've had the car, it has been in the shop 6 times. The steering still isn't great after the TSB. Toyota has assigned me a different first name from day one, and after many phone calls and faxes, I still can't get it corrected. Calling TOYOTA headquarters in Torrance, CA. IS A BIG WASTE OF TIME. I only drive this car around town and would be too scared to take it on a road trip. I owned a Subaru before my Corolla and drove it for 19 years. I would get rid of my Corolla tomorrow if I could afford to.

Size, great mileage, average 31.2 around town. I like the outside temperature gauge, and how the back seats fold down.

Move the clock next to the radio so it can be displayed all the time. I think Toyota should offer me a buy back.

Wish I had my Camry back
By RJD

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My '07 Camry LE was wrecked and not the same after being repaired, so bought this Corolla. MPG is excellent, but the interior is cheap, with hard plastic everywhere. Center console has uncomfortable hard plastic to rest your elbow on. The car handles well in the snow with the traction control. Outside/wind noise is quite apparent at times. In spite of these complaints, it's a very good little car and I'd buy another one if I had to, but wish I had my Camry back. The Camry was luxurious compared to this Corolla. This car sits low, making it hard for me to get out of, even with the seat elevated as high as it will go. This car will run 70+ mph on the interstates without batting an eyelash.

Gas mileage! Handles well. Very dependable little car. Have had no service issues at all with it.

Padded dashboard and armrest instead of hard plastic.