2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
2009 Corolla S 4A
By Chan on 03/26/08 00:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great car for the city and for the highway, and it definitely does draw looks from other drivers. The car picks up very quick, and brakes even quicker, it's a little pricey as compared to other compacts but I feel I got my money's worth.

2009 Corolla S
By shehan23 on 03/24/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car really blew my wife and me away. We were just about to buy a Mazda 3 when we tested this lil bugger. Everything about it is great... mileage, handling, acceleration, comfort (which is important because I'm a big guy!). I even have plenty of room in the back. At first I had a gripe because my right leg rubbed the center console when driving, but after a couple of days I got used to it. Now I just want to drive it all the time... too bad it's my wife's car!

2009 Toyota Corolla S
By tbarry on 03/22/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is without a doubt the whole package. The redesigned Corolla is the perfect daily driver and small family car with it's great fuel economy and new styling. In my opinion there isn't a better looking, fuel efficient, everyday small family car at this price point. I just picked my Corolla up yesterday and love it so far!! The car is smooth, quiet and handles great whether I'm on the highway or driving around town. I test drove the Sentra and Civic as well but the Corolla came out on top by far!

09 Corolla LE
By Rick on 03/19/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the new 2009 corolla and am impressed with the leg room, and just took a highway trip to check gas mileage, and got 41.3 MPG with a automatic, Very impressive. And have noticed a big improvement on torque going up hills without it having to down shift. I highly recommend the 09 Corolla.

Best bang for the buck.
By Dave on 03/18/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After a lot of reasearch, I decided on the Corolla. I traded an '02 Altima and wanted something sporty and economical. I can't begin to tell you how impressed and happy I am with the Corolla. It drives very smooth at speeds of 70+. I don't know why "car experts" bash the driving experience. It does everything I want it to. You just have to remember it's not a race car, but it's great on the highway. Everything on the inside is within reach and easy to operate. I gotta tell you, when I drive it, I forget it's a Corolla, it really feels like much more. Great job Toyota!

I’m not impressed
By Andy on 03/18/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The electric power steering produce vague steering feels, it is pretty comfortable and easy to drive at lower speed. On the highway it gets tossed around easily, very odd. Cruise control isn't included in the pricey XLE base price and it still uses plastic hubcaps whereas most of competitors use alloy wheels in their upper versions. Alarm system is activated at dealer for only $600.00! Brakes clank when it’s released at lower speed. Normal road vibration starting around 20 miles per hour creates dash noise and it squeeks, which get hided for wind noise around 55 miles per hour. At this point my only hope is the reliability and reputation of previous version remains on this 2009 model.

2009 Toyota Corolla LE
By thaip on 03/13/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car for driving to work and local shopping. The mileage is incredible, I am averaging between 35 to 38 so far, including local and highway. The car has decent horsepower but the interior is looking a little cheap. Overall, it is a great car and I can't complain!

Toyota 2009 S 5 speed
By Peter M. on 03/13/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2007 Toyota Corolla CE bought as a second commuter car for business. After driving it for about 11 months, I got tired of it small size and basic features. I traded it in for a 2009 Corolla S, 5 Speed 1.8 L. This car is much bigger inside, heavier and feels more substantial and less cheap. It is said that the first two years of a model are the best for build quality and then the manufacturer cuts corners to make more money. I noticed this in the reviews of the previous 2003 to 2008 editions of the Corolla. The steering could be a bit heavier. The car is very quiet, enhancing the audio system.

2009 Toyota Corolla LE With Alloys
By thaip on 03/13/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just picked up my car a week ago. So far, I only put on 500 miles. I like it so far. It drives comfortably and very quiet. I am surprised how quiet it is.

Big car ride in a small package
By jwp on 03/12/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Corolla a week ago and have only 400 miles, but am really impressed with the quiet ride and smooth drivetrain. Driving between 50 and 65 miles per hour, I am averaging 37.4 mpg with 1.8l engine and 4-speed automatic.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$102 per month*