2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
2009 Corolla S
By John Doe on 04/15/08 21:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to try the all new 2009 Corolla Sport and I absoloutely loved it! I can turn easily. The acceleration is just fine. I feel very comfortable while driving. I would heavily recommend the Corolla over any sedan at this pricepoint in the market right now. Great buy for what your getting!

Jumped too fast
By vtx on 04/15/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Can't see the front of the car when driving it so parking distance is impossible, steering is to touchy, instrument panel small lettering is hard to see, other than that its an okay car especially to save money on gas, when accelerating you get the converter egg smell sometimes.

09 Corolla XRS
By Jerry C on 04/12/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Picked the Corolla for several reasons. Familiar with Toyota quality and reliability. Car looks awesome! Super White looks fantasic. The 2.4L performs well and is quiet, handles very well and is a blast to shift through the gears. Very smooth and easy to drive and all controls are placed well in the cabin. Build quality seems very good at this point. Time will tell.

Not all I hoped for
By Olivia on 04/12/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is okay. Nothing spectacular, I guess. The biggest disappointment I've had so far is that I'm getting about 21, 22 miles to the gallon despite the EPA estimate. I expected to do a little worse than the estimate, but not quite that bad. I don't know why my numbers are so much worse than everyone else's, but this is a big let down.

09 Corolla S
By TC on 04/01/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've test driven Honda Civic and it felt like riding a golf cart. I bought the Corolla due to its smooth ride. The new look is very classy w/ flair. The car is very enjoyable to drive. I'm 6' 3" and fit just fine.

The best small non-hybrid car going
By PuffyC on 03/30/08 06:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a fuel efficient small car and after comparing the new Corolla to the Civic, Cobalt, Fusion, Caliber and Sentra, the Corolla was a clear winner. It has great room, awesome fuel economy and overall is very well refined. The 1.8l engine couldn't be called fast but it's peppy enough and acceleration is good. Coming from BMWs and a Lexus it's a little noisier on the highway but other than that it has very few downsides.

Great Car, Reliability??
By Dan G on 03/28/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Only had the car for 6 days and 340 miles. Car ride and handling is excellent at all speeds. Road and wind noise is not bad and acceptable. Bought the "S" model with the "SX" sport option. Great looks! Gas mileage 28 mpg combined city and highway. Hope it improves to 32-34 avg. Only on 2nd tank of gas and has away to go to be broken in. Very comfortable seats, roomy cabin frt and rear compared to the competition in its class. Reason questioning reliability, is the "trunk latch" failed. Used 10 times. Had to rope down trunk lid via the rear seat when laid down. Brought to dealer for repair. Latch on order. Hope this is not a sign of what's to come? Toyota reliability? Hoping it's just a fluke.

New Owner 09 Corolla LE 4 dr
By Dena on 03/27/08 18:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just got the car on Tuesday. Didn't want a car but my truck doesn't get 30 mpg and I needed reliable and affordable for going back and forth to work. This is it! Haven't finished first tank of gas but it's already a winner as far as I'm concerned. Already have 200 miles on it and am nowhere near needing to fill up. This is an Automat. and i'm driving at 63- 65mph. Driving is comfortable and surprisingly quiet. Very easy to get in and out of. There is plenty of room in the trunk. Leg room is great in the front.

Sporty Looking Car with Economy Mileage
By lmod738 on 03/27/08 14:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research before getting this car. I traded a 98 Audi A6, and was skeptical to get into an economy car. I had looked at the 2008s last year and wasn't impressed; they look like peppy college cars. The redesigned S looks sporty and fun without the sports car problems. Another big selling point for me was the 6 standard airbags and ABS. In Colorado weather those things are a must-have. And most important, I nearly fell over when I saw the MPG I was getting! 37 combining city and highway driving! My Audi maxed at 22! Guess that's the trade from a V6 to a 4 cylinder, but the pros for this car definitely outweigh the cons.

Loving it so far
By andy82471 on 03/27/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought an 09 Corolla LE with almost all the bells and whistles; includes remote keyless entry, ABS, and VSC. The car is very quiet and fit and finish is vastly improved over the outgoing model. The ride is on the softer side and not quite as sporty (or harsh) as the Nissan Versa rental I drove for a few weeks. Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$102 per month*