Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 289 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

The Best Choice
By Gigglez

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently brought 2009 Corolla about 1 month ago, used to have 93 Corolla with 185k miles. I drive about 25 miles a day on highway. There aren't any loud wind noises when driving 65mph, nor does the car shake.Great acceleration. I get about 36+ miles per gallon. I love the design and everything about it. Like everyone else said, the clock is in awkward space.

I love my sunroof, bluetooth, steering wheel mounts and XM/MP3/6 cd changer.

The clock should be somewhere else.

Toyota Corolla LE
By Toyota Corolla LE

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I trading in my 2007 Prius for the Corolla and already the ride, solidity and finish is as good as it gets for a vehicle at this price range. I find the clock is much better being more at eye level than over to one side. I don't understand why owners complain about it. It keeps your eye on the road. Truly a pleasurable driving experience. The automatic lights are great if you forget to turn them off.Only complaint is not having intermittent wipers. Overall, the best ever!!

Clock, turning ratio, quiet cabin easy controls, excellent visibility.

Intermittent wipers.

A decent car for the money
By hank

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in a 1999 Corolla CE for a new 2009 LE. I feel the handling, acceleration, etc is about the same as the old car. On the plus side, the new car is a little larger, has less road noise and seats are a lot more comfortable. On the negative side is the new steering system. The car does seem to drift when your driving on the highway. I don't seem to notice it as much when I'm driving locally on side roads, etc. Other then that it seems like a decent car for the $$.

Price

They should go back to the hydraulic steering system.

2009 Corolla S 4Dr Automatic
By Bakka

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is providing on average above 37 mpg under normal driving conditions and 39+ on the highway currently. This is without the AC running. Two features I do not like are the lack of being able to manually control the headlights, and the vehicle came standard without intermittent windshield wiper capability. (Hard to believe on the wiper issue.) I also have some very strange noises coming from the left side of the engine compartment area that sounds as if something wants to come apart. So far, they have not been able to be identified. This makes the car feel unsecure at times. Overall though, the car is doing well at the nearly 10,000 mile mark.

Fuel mileage.

Body integrity, manual control for the headlights, intermittent windshield wiper controls as standard

So Far So Good
By dcook

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in lieu of a Hyundai Elantra. The only reason I was drawn to the Corolla was more headroom (I'm 6' 4"), otherwise the Elantra is more car for less money with a better warranty. We have had one for 3 years and it has performed flawlessly. It came with more standard features, drives better both in the city and on the highway and gets slightly better gas mileage. The Corolla’s style is admittedly more stylish and sporty. Toyota should fire the person that placed the clock it makes me wonder about other engineering decisions, that was plain stupid. The car has been trouble free except twice now the 6 cd changer just started spitting out disc for no good reason... hmm.

Strong brakes, peppy engine, styling, comfort of seats in the S model, large trunk especially with the with fold down seats, (my son's wheel chair fits without folding them down), nice sound system, averaging 29 mpg city/hwy pretty much keep my foot in it too... good acceleration

Clock placement is stupid, air cond weak on 95 deg+ day, need a turbo package, do something about the over sensitive electric steering - took me several months to get used to. I've driven more cars than I care to remember, all over the world and have never had to fight one to go straight