2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great car
By george norwood on 04/27/08 05:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 07 S for this one for the new body style and all the airbags and antilock brakes. The car rides and handles great. It is a lot roomier on the inside. Love the blue dots on the seats. It's like a baby Camry.

Big guy little car
By Rick on 04/25/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 6'3, 50 and fit into a 40 mpg car! This is an amazing little car. Great ride good power a little touchy on the steering. The overall feel is solid. I drive 13 hours at a stretch for days at a time that puts a lot of demands for comfort on a vehicle, the 09 Corolla passes with flying colors. And it passes the gas stations as well. I found the Corolla to be quieter than the Civic and Sentra with a better solid feel. After much research I also found that the factory check ups listed in your owners manual were much less with the Corolla than the Civic. What can I say, I LOVE this little car!!

This really is an "all new Corolla"
By Michelle on 04/24/08 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at Corollas for 2 yrs and could not pay the price for them because of engine noise, sloppy handling and boring looks. The 2009 S that I just bought exceeds all of my expectations. It looks great, out handles my '08 Xb with 18" wheels and TRD springs, gets outstanding city mpg (29-30), the engine is quiet and there is little cabin noise when driving, ride is exceptional for a car in this class. Love the bluetooth.

Return to Reliability
By Ralph on 04/24/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Corolla S for two weeeks now and really, really like it. It's comfortable, very quiet and, yes, it's actually fun to drive. Personally, I like the way the steering feels, and I like the position of the clock (and other trip information). I drive 250 miles a day (yeah, I'm nuts), and do mostly high speed Interstate driving. This thing keeps up with no problems, and the fuel economy is great. Smart move on my part.

Perfect Car
By TOYOTA FAN on 04/24/08 02:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2005 Kia Optima V6 for the all new Corolla. Best decision I ever made. The Corolla S looks very sporty in and out. Fit and finish is perfect unlike the Optima. And Toyota quality/reliability speaks for itself. This car feels just as roomy and is way more comfortable than the Optima. This car is very fun to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a quality built sporty small sedan with great gas mileage.

Good mileage, horrible seats
By C. Alan on 04/22/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car is small, but does not feel cramped, at least in the front seat. The back seats are a bit cramped. It would be hard to get 4 full sized adults in the car without some one ending up with a knee in their back. The driver seat is ok, but seriously lacks lumbar support. Finding a place for your elbows while you drive is also difficult. Most of the controls are laid out in a logical manner, and are easy to find. However, the temp gauge, is nearly hidden in the lower right hand corner of the dash display. In an economy car, you expect a plastic dash, but feel of the plastics used in the Corolla are very harsh. The turn signal stalks feel very cheap.

First time
By de31999 on 04/22/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have only 2,000 miles on the vehicle but it performs as expected, secure, 34 mpg and a comfortable fit for 6'2" guy. The cruise control across the mountains of West Virginia is a little rough but expected. I'd recommend this car to everyone. Got the S model as a compromise with the wife.

Where Luxury Meets Fuel Economy
By Ignacio on 04/20/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent fuel economy. I am averaging 30 to 32 MPG in city driving on the streets of South Florida. The 1.8L engine is just right for the car and the interior details are top of the line. Overall the car has been an excellent choice!

Great fuel economy and value for cost
By PATraveler on 04/20/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Getting 41 mpg+ on just 2nd tank of gas which makes everything else non-significant. Runs very quiet. Automatic lights and door locks nice features. Missing features: need clock in radio. Have to reach for door arm rests; uncomfortable. Seats aren't comfortable for long trips - lumbar area. Std. fabric quality is poor,will snag and show dirt quickly; already missing leather seats. Trunk latch in dumb place on floor, along with gas cap release, which will surely catch snow and dirt. Extra half inch of head room would have been nice as well as adjustable foot pedals. Since it only cost 20 bucks to fill it up after driving all day, I will learn to like everything else about the car.

The Corolla Has So Much Going For It!
By Kevin on 04/15/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Corolla has some giddie up'n go and handles well for a little car, because I like to move it through traffic, I like to shift from lane to lane, I like to find my openings, I like to time it , I like to make my move, I like to beat those yellow lights. This car can handle all of that!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$102 per month*