2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Not Bad.... Not Bad at all
By XRS09 on 05/06/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the XRS 2.4L and this thing is a sweet little car and looks great in the Dark Grey Metallic. I've been getting great gas milage and it's easy on the wallet at the pump. It's no slouch when I get on it and I feel totally comfortable with the handling and ride of the car. The JBL stereo system with XM is also a nice touch. I can't wait for the aftermarket stuff to come out for this car, hopefully TRD doesn't short change us on that. Overall I love the car so far and I hope that it keeps the Toyota reliability in good faith.

Happy with my choice
By Kenny G on 05/06/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I could not be happier with the new Corolla. I am pleasantly surprised with the XLE trim. Here is my summary: Overall feeling: it feels like a upscale sedan with all the bell and whistles while still getting over 30 MPG. Ride: the ride is very smooth. A lot less noisy than previous models. Steering is very sensitive, perhaps a bit too much. Interior: the car is a lot more spacious than previous models. This trim looks elegant. Other features: very nice Bluetooth system, voice activated dialing, dial by number. Very good sound and XM radio. Lots of storage space. Huge trunk. I feel like I am riding in a mini-Camry.

Owner
By zoraida perez on 05/06/08 00:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like it even though there are things that I don't like but it's very dependable and great in gas. Doesn't make noise when I go in the freeway and is easy to drive. I like how the lights turn in automatic. I like the design. My son have long legs and he really likes this car because it has space for him. Over all is a great car I won't change it for anything else.

It's a Toyota through and through
By Kaytee on 05/03/08 20:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car about 2 weeks and 400 miles and so far I love it and am still discovering things about it! It's quiet and has a very smooth ride. The moonroof is cool, as is the satellite radio and 6-CD changer. It's very comfortable to drive and feels solid. The interior dome light comes on when the key is turned off. The running lights get brighter as the environment darkens. The power windows remain operable for a minute or so after the key is turned off for those of us who habitually forget to close the windows before turning off the car. The trunk is roomy and even has a place to set things so they won't fall over, like a gallon of milk. It's Toyota quality and innovation.

My New XRS
By subwayaz on 05/03/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well I've only had my XRS for a few days now; however in that brief time I've found it to extremely fun to drive, very comfortable and I'm disabled so to me that's saying something. Power is good for the 2.4l but it's not my first experience with that particular engine I have a Tacoma Pickup with the same engine (115,000 mi) not a lick of trouble. Mileage is great, 115 mi so far and hasn't moved off of the Full marker in all city driving. Fit and finish is as good as any other I run across. Overall it's my third Toyoa and I must say I look forward to many happy miles down the road.

Great Car for the Money
By Krystal on 05/02/08 06:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I did a ton of research and was between the Civic and Corolla. I am so glad I chose the Corolla. I am averaging 33 MPG living in the burbs! The XLE interior is wonderful and I am glad they came out with this trim for 09. I was not looking for a fast car - my main priorities were: gas efficient, comfortable, reliable and stylish, and the Corolla covered all! I love the new body design for the 09 Corolla.

Perfect Commuter Car
By Arlene on 04/30/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this little commuter car that my husband bought for me. He drives it occasionally, and is 6 feet tall, and we both find the interior very roomy. We love the fact that it gets double the mileage compared to our Maxima. It's cute and fun to drive. It's nice that the floor in the rear is not divided so it's comfortable for three rear passengers. We rented a Prius in California and loved it, but we live in the snow belt and the Corolla actually gets better mileage when you factor in winter driving conditions.

Sporty '08 Corolla
By BCTR on 04/29/08 06:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Corolla. I tested the Civic, Corolla, Focus, and the Elantra. The Corolla won in a land slide. I am so happy I picked this car. I luv this car!

Compact car with lots of style
By Nicky on 04/28/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I built my car online and it looked 100 times better in person. It’s a bit more spacious and a lot more stylish. The car is a decent ride. I’m a little biased because I previously owned a Camry so I’m not yet used to the Corolla getting whipped around in gusts of wind. The touch screen navigation is a great option for the compact car. I was concerned with the quality of the sound since the JBL speakers and navigation are not a combined option with the XLE. The speakers surpassed my expectation by far. There are no buttons to change the radio; everything is touch screen which can pose as a problem while driving. Gas mileage is never as advertised but nevertheless very efficient.

Best overall value hands down!
By Corolla lover on 04/28/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2009 Toyota Corolla LE just two days ago after test driving other subcompact names on my list such as the Honda Civic, the Mazda3 and the Hyundai Elantra. The Toyota delivered everything I expect in a sub-compact and more. I definitely got my money's worth!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla in NJ is:

$176 per month*