2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Questioning Purchase
By SE Georgia on 01/05/10 11:16 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2007 Prius on this sporty Corolla thinking it would be fun to drive and economic as my 1994 Mazda Protege was. I am very disappointed in the interior comfort as well as the manual transmission.

Corolla XRS
By Jim on 06/25/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the Corolla XRS that I just purchased. I looked at Mazda 3 , Honda Civic and chose Toyota because of relialbilty and the way they redesigned the exterior. It's a great practical vehicle with performance at an affordable price. Nice interior.

TRD Supercharged XRS
By TRDSupercharged XRS on 06/21/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Corolla XRS and as a birthday present my father had it supercharged it for me at the factory($3,190, the same TRD supercharger available for the tC). I now put out 206 hp and 171 lb.-ft of torque. With the supercharger I now get about 22 to 24 mpg city and close to 34 mpg highway. I also love the shift feel of the five-speed gear box,very smooth. In gloss black my Toyota XRS with tinted windows, interior LED light enhancements and awesomely crisp JBL sound system the car has proven fun and stylish.

Please Change The Name
By Prog on 06/10/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a long time Toyota owner and a first time Corolla XRS owner. I am a male in my late 20s and for how agressive and clean the car looks, the name evokes a complete opposite response from people. Everyone thinks it is a weak chick mobile. I wish Toyota would keep the platform, change the name and market the car more like the Civic. Anyway, the bottom line is I wanted a car that got great gas mileage, carried 5 passengers, has decent speed, is reliable, and looked good. It was the smart choice due to unforeseeable gas prices, but unless your friends, family, or peers know what the new XRS looks like, they will think you drive that old school rollerskate.

Not Bad.... Not Bad at all
By XRS09 on 05/06/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the XRS 2.4L and this thing is a sweet little car and looks great in the Dark Grey Metallic. I've been getting great gas milage and it's easy on the wallet at the pump. It's no slouch when I get on it and I feel totally comfortable with the handling and ride of the car. The JBL stereo system with XM is also a nice touch. I can't wait for the aftermarket stuff to come out for this car, hopefully TRD doesn't short change us on that. Overall I love the car so far and I hope that it keeps the Toyota reliability in good faith.

Sporty '08 Corolla
By BCTR on 04/29/08 06:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Corolla. I tested the Civic, Corolla, Focus, and the Elantra. The Corolla won in a land slide. I am so happy I picked this car. I luv this car!

09 Corolla XRS
By Jerry C on 04/12/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Picked the Corolla for several reasons. Familiar with Toyota quality and reliability. Car looks awesome! Super White looks fantasic. The 2.4L performs well and is quiet, handles very well and is a blast to shift through the gears. Very smooth and easy to drive and all controls are placed well in the cabin. Build quality seems very good at this point. Time will tell.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$128 per month*