Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Satisfied customer
By Manatee Co. Fl.

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for back and forth to work and get 34-36 mpg year round and 40 on the highway. It is roomy for its size and with the backseat down I can carry all sorts of things.

Favorite Features

It is very quiet and gets great mileage.I change my own oil and it is very easy to service.

Suggested Improvements

Change the location of the clock.

Too bad with the recalls
By pgklee

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car is very easy to drive. Love the Gas mileage I'm getting. Comfortable even for a tall person (I am 6'4"). Feels very solid. Not too worried about the recall, as with the Manual transmission a sticking accelerator would be less of a safety problem. Dealership has been great even replaced the radio after I had a small problem with it.

Favorite Features

Love the auto on lights

Suggested Improvements

Clock

One Awesome & Economical Car 40mpg
By loved my corolla

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Corolla, I consistently averaged 35-40 mpg combined city / hwy miles. I recently was in an accident - car was totaled and I must say the safety features kept everyone safe and alive! I am going to be getting another one, hope I get the same mileage with my new one!!

Purchased Slightly Used but I Love it!
By Angie

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '09 Corolla in November 2009. It was a programmed car so it had some miles on it and a few problems that the dealer corrected. The biggest being the heater blower switch had to be replaced. This was my first new-to- me car and it's been so much fun to drive! Compared to my truck I was driving I can't believe how much I am saving on gas! It's sleek and stylish on the outside plus very comfortable. So far for me no out of pocket maintenance issues and it handled the first snow fall here in the midwest very well. I am happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

AUX input for iPod, 2 glove boxes, XM Ready, overall appearance

Suggested Improvements

None.

First and last toyota
By yota

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I've ever driven. Whatever small gains you get from the electric steering assist are nullified by any small gust of wind. You can't relax in a car when you're blowing all over the highway in the slightest wind. Furthermore, the seats are doughy and unsupportive. If you've ever had lower back problems in any car, this one will bring them right back. My Volkswagen had firm, supportive seats and I forgot what it was like to have a sore back after a trip - until now. Cheap backseats too - pull on a corner when they're "locked" and it will have enough give for you (or a criminal) to reach into the trunk. Awful creamsicle backlighting treatment on the dash too.

Favorite Features

It was cheap.

Suggested Improvements

Seets unsupportive on long drives. Way too much play in the steering on the highway. Garish dashboard backlighting. Boring and soulless. Toyota's famous reliability doesn't matter when you hate driving the car and will get rid of it as soon as you can.