2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Satisfied customer
By Manatee Co. Fl. on 05/24/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for back and forth to work and get 34-36 mpg year round and 40 on the highway. It is roomy for its size and with the backseat down I can carry all sorts of things.

Too bad with the recalls
By pgklee on 02/13/10 10:15 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car is very easy to drive. Love the Gas mileage I'm getting. Comfortable even for a tall person (I am 6'4"). Feels very solid. Not too worried about the recall, as with the Manual transmission a sticking accelerator would be less of a safety problem. Dealership has been great even replaced the radio after I had a small problem with it.

One Awesome & Economical Car 40mpg
By loved my corolla on 01/22/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Corolla, I consistently averaged 35-40 mpg combined city / hwy miles. I recently was in an accident - car was totaled and I must say the safety features kept everyone safe and alive! I am going to be getting another one, hope I get the same mileage with my new one!!

Purchased Slightly Used but I Love it!
By Angie on 01/19/10 10:16 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '09 Corolla in November 2009. It was a programmed car so it had some miles on it and a few problems that the dealer corrected. The biggest being the heater blower switch had to be replaced. This was my first new-to- me car and it's been so much fun to drive! Compared to my truck I was driving I can't believe how much I am saving on gas! It's sleek and stylish on the outside plus very comfortable. So far for me no out of pocket maintenance issues and it handled the first snow fall here in the midwest very well. I am happy with my choice.

First and last toyota
By yota on 03/13/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I've ever driven. Whatever small gains you get from the electric steering assist are nullified by any small gust of wind. You can't relax in a car when you're blowing all over the highway in the slightest wind. Furthermore, the seats are doughy and unsupportive. If you've ever had lower back problems in any car, this one will bring them right back. My Volkswagen had firm, supportive seats and I forgot what it was like to have a sore back after a trip - until now. Cheap backseats too - pull on a corner when they're "locked" and it will have enough give for you (or a criminal) to reach into the trunk. Awful creamsicle backlighting treatment on the dash too.

Love it!!!!
By Rolo on 08/19/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My first Toyota and I am delighted by the way it drives (hwy or city). Very economical and a joy driving a manual once more. Toyota makes it easy for young or old (me) it is a fun vehicle that can kick when you need it to. It has all the small details anyone needs from clock, MPG, outside temp. gas mileage from trip to trip and many others. You name it, it has it, and the one I bought was the simple package with no options what so ever. On the freeway it is comfortable and a delight to the wallet (37.9 MPG) in the city 29.8 mpg. It has 2,100 plus mile on it now and I doubt I will buy another car. If I do, it'll be one like this one!

A Quality ride
By Phil on 08/13/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it as a fuel efficient alternative. I am averaging 41mpg. Very comfortable and fun. Though I dislike how they did the clock. I now have 2700 miles on it. I got the base model, not a single option, and was pleased to learn A/C, ABS and auto-on lights were included, along with a CD player radio (with headphone adapters). Well worth what I paid.

I LOVE this car!
By Raul on 05/30/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After test driving the Matrix, Scion xD and Honda Fit, I chose the Corolla. For some 1.8 is small but that small really comes to live. The mileage is great and with gas prices being what they are now, I save money. Last vehicle I had gave me 16 city 18-20 hwy. This Toyota is giving me 28.8 city and 36 hwy. Bought it 8 days ago and I have loved every minute of it! It is a great car at a great price and superb gas mileage, and it is almost the same size as a Ford Taurus. Roomy, comfortable, plenty of leg room, huge trunk, and for the young ones reading this, an excellent radio/cd system, that delivers superb sound, and I did not buy the model with all bells and whistles either!

Disappointed
By NewCar2009 on 05/16/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a few weeks. However, very disappointed in the windsheild wipers. If I would have known this, I wouldn't have purchased the car. The left hand wiper shimmers at the bottom; brought it back and was told they can't fix it. Another major issue is that the right hand wiper makes a line smack in the middle of the driver's viewing. I just got back from driving in the rain and it was dangerous. The line distorts viewing. I'd say this is a design flaw in the placement of the wipers and the wipers themselves; buyers beware!

Not all I hoped for
By Olivia on 04/12/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is okay. Nothing spectacular, I guess. The biggest disappointment I've had so far is that I'm getting about 21, 22 miles to the gallon despite the EPA estimate. I expected to do a little worse than the estimate, but not quite that bad. I don't know why my numbers are so much worse than everyone else's, but this is a big let down.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan in WA is:

$128 per month*