Used 2009 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Toyota Corolla surprises with exceptional value
By Mary Hansen

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I researched before I bought the Corolla - I needed good gas mileage, enough room for the grandkids, and a comfortable ride. The Corolla has surprised me with its comfort, 27 mpg mixed hiway/street, and how well it has retained its good looks. The car is clean and functional with everything I need to comfortably get from A to Z. My only disappointment is that the car doesn't have Bluetooth or USB ports. It does have an auxiliary port that connects to the radio, so I am able to listen to books, music, news - whatever. I would highly recommend the Corolla as a sharp little vehicle with good response on the road.

Just ok
By Johan

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't exactly buy a Toyota for performance, but for a cheap car with great reliability. My car's been fairly reliable, at least compared to German cars, but i was disappointed that i've already had to replace the alternator and water pump at 60,000+ and 76,000 miles respectively. Another thing that bugs me is that the front seat is not comfortable and makes my back ache.

If i have enough resources in the future, i would avoid buying a toyota corolla.

Holds it value, can't say anything else positive
By noneya

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 6 foot tall and almost didn't buy because of its size, would have been a good decision. My knees are right on the steering wheel, nobody could sit behind me and the seat puts me at an akward posture.
It's overly standardized; changed a back light and had no way to turn on or off the lights to check it until the car let's me at night. Why can't the human control the lights? Really dumb 'feature' on a regular basis. Windshield wipers have 3 or 4 settings, that's it, no adjustable levels.
Accelerates so slowly I might as well be on a 50cc scooter.
Electronics suck; only shows track number on display, I dj so it helps if I can see the song titles to remember the song. The auxiliary is broken on my car so that's probably just my qualm but be careful, it's delicate.
Bought it at about 105000 miles, 09 in 15... owned it 5 months and I've put 500 in repairs and will be taking it to the shop again this week. Not a mechanic but the front wheels suck. Friend of mine with virtually identical car had to replace whole transmission at just over 100000 miles.
Gets great gas mileage but I would have paid for better quality as I thought this car would be more reliable ie less repairs, maintenance expected.
Worst car I've ever owned. Good thing it holds its value, anybody in the market for an oversized go cart?

Good
By Jason Rodriguez

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So far ok. The car makes a bad noise every time I turn it on. The oil consumption is also bad I have to constantly check the oil it run out before I have to do the change. I had to change the water pump and the alternator in this car. Plus Toyota had to cut the gas pedal it was getting stuck with the rug.
In the other hand I have the car for 7 years it have 140,000 miles I have gone all over the US with my car and this are the only things that have happen.

It takes little gas to fill up.

Highly dissapointed- will never buy Toyota again
By energy_1st

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2 months after warranty was over (oh yeah!), check engine light went on (P2727) with less than 50k miles. Ended up changing both the torque converter and solenoids as well as the sensor to get rid of the light... 10 miles later, the light went off again... They're telling me now that the computer has issues which has to be changed. I don't know whom to trust and what to do next. Will trade in my car for another car which won't be a Toyota for sure.... Yep, Toyota's legendary reliability is only good until you're covered under warranty... My advice to you if you decide buy a Toyota, add an extended warranty...

Liked the look and feel. My first car after I graduated from college and loved the student rebate ($500 at the time).

Your dealerships are disgusting especially the Piercey Toyota in Milpitas, CA. Teach them to treat customers such that they feel they can trust them and bring the car there anytime they face an issue. I never felt I could trust Toyora dealership rather than being ripped off by them. I understand your business model (lower the purchase price, make up for the revenue on service fees) seriously???? people are not stupid. Your dealers are charging more than twice for the same service. I'd rather pay more for a better car....