Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Love it
By Laura Green

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just ok
By Johan

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't exactly buy a Toyota for performance, but for a cheap car with great reliability. My car's been fairly reliable, at least compared to German cars, but i was disappointed that i've already had to replace the alternator and water pump at 60,000+ and 76,000 miles respectively. Another thing that bugs me is that the front seat is not comfortable and makes my back ache.

If i have enough resources in the future, i would avoid buying a toyota corolla.

Extremely disappointed
By Nicole

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wish I had had the car checked out by my mechanic friend before buying. I spent way too much on this car thinking I'd finally have a reliable car only to have so many problems with this one!!! I'm so frustrated right now. The transmission just went out after already spending money on it to get it fixed up. It looks great like there's nothing wrong with it. I've only had it for three months. I'm so bummed that I wasted my money on a worthless car!! Please think twice about buying this car, especially not a 2009. Those apparently have the most problems. Little did I know.

Extremely disappointed
By Nicole

Our best car ever!
By Dave C.

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Cons: It's noisy on the highway (probably due to limited interior insulation). Pros: Extremely reliable; We bought it new in June, 2008 and now (Oct., 2015) are still driving it with over 132,000 miles. The only real repair, other than the wearables, (tires, brakes, etc.) has been a rear wheel hub replacement ($500. expense) which was necessary due to a bad internal sensor. We found out later that a properly-inserted pipe cleaner might have cleaned off the dirty, not defective, sensor and eliminated even that repair expense. We really like our Corolla and consider it to be our most dependable, and economical vehicle evr. PS: We have been driving for 41 years and have had well over 20 vehicles in that time period.