2008 Corolla S- Black
By silverspank on
2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Picked up the car from the dealership when purchased and the car was making a ear piercing noise coming from the wheels. Ended up being the brake shields rubbing the brake rotors. When the car was delivered on the transport, they strapped the chains too close to the shields bending them. The Toyota dealership took the car back and gave us a piece of crap loaner with no air or radio and was about 10 years old. My wife was very upset since we just traded in our fairly new LTZ Suburban. Once we got the car back and took it home, I checked the tire pressure since the tire sensor monitor was on. There was only 18 psi tire pressure in the tires. Of course I attribute all this to the dealer.
Favorite Features
The car is fun and easy to drive. I can park it just about anywhere. The gas mileage is great but like all other cars, it doesn't get the manufacture mpg ratings (up to 40 mpg). My mpg averages are between 31(C)-37(H). The interior is impressive because they used a two tone color and different materials throughout, ie: cloth, vinyl, chrome and of course textured plastics. The 2009 Corolla took a downturn on the interior since it seems to be all plastic. The dash layout works great and not complicated; pretty much downright sporty with well lite gauges.
Suggested Improvements
Improvements should have been ABS as standard equipment which I don't have. I locked up the brakes to avoid hitting a deer and flat spotted all the tires. The passenger door doesn't have a 100% fit- seems to need an adjustment. If the car is loaded with 4 adults, the stability is greatly effected at high speeds- I had to make a quick maneuver to avoid a wooden crate in the middle of the highway. It scared the crap out of me how the car responded. The belt tensioner started squealing at 45K miles.