I'm now a Corolla believer
By edgutierrez1429 on
2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have had this car just over 6 wks and I am impressed with all but a few things. The mileage is great, but you have to adjust your driving habits to get the most from this car. I am averaging just over 35 mpg in combined city/highway driving. I love the look and the fact that the "S" model comes with all the looks without the premium price. The nit-picks: 1) there is no indicator for which gear you're in on the dash (you have to look down at the shifter), 2) the rotating knobs seem a little cheap when you turn them, and 3) the outside mirrors don't fold away like many others). Other than that, this is a great car.
Favorite Features
I love the style, and the fuel economy. Keep the RPM below 3k and you will see what I mean. It is fully loaded with everything I wanted in a 'sporty' car. Keep the tires at 40lbs in front and 38 in back for better mpg. Reliability is on par with the best in this class.
Suggested Improvements
Make the mirrors collapsible, put a gear indicator on the dash, and do a better job on the interior quality and this will be a home run.