2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: I'm now a Corolla believer

2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

CE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

I'm now a Corolla believer
By edgutierrez1429 on

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car just over 6 wks and I am impressed with all but a few things. The mileage is great, but you have to adjust your driving habits to get the most from this car. I am averaging just over 35 mpg in combined city/highway driving. I love the look and the fact that the "S" model comes with all the looks without the premium price. The nit-picks: 1) there is no indicator for which gear you're in on the dash (you have to look down at the shifter), 2) the rotating knobs seem a little cheap when you turn them, and 3) the outside mirrors don't fold away like many others). Other than that, this is a great car.

I love the style, and the fuel economy. Keep the RPM below 3k and you will see what I mean. It is fully loaded with everything I wanted in a 'sporty' car. Keep the tires at 40lbs in front and 38 in back for better mpg. Reliability is on par with the best in this class.

Make the mirrors collapsible, put a gear indicator on the dash, and do a better job on the interior quality and this will be a home run.