2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Great car!

2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great car!
By Christine on

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My last 9 cars have all been $35+ luxury cars. When my last 2002 Odyssey bit the dust (after 220,000 miles) I decided to buy a car that would pay for itself because of improved gas mileage. After test driving a Civic, I realized I needed something with more interior space and focused on the Corolla instead. I found a great deal on a used 2009 LE, and have enjoyed it ever since. Very spacious inside (important, as I am tall as are my 4 sons) and great gas mileage. I do consistently about 38 miles per gallon on average and as such the car pays for itself (compared to my Honda). I only wish there was a remote trunk release and a horn beep when you remote lock the doors. Overall, rate it A+.

Gas mileage, spacious interior, easy to maneuver, brightly lit controls, love how the lights are always on (no need to turn them on at night... all automatic), great stereo, split fold down of rear seats.

1: make it such that the horn beeps when you lock the car remotely (hate that it doesn't do that) 2: make a remote trunk release 3: needs steering wheel controls for the audio 4: the visors are kind of wimpy 5: I wish the seats could go back a little further (son is 6'4") 6: iPod hookup