2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: A tough act to follow!

2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

A tough act to follow!
By Jerry on

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Corolla to replace my 1995 Geo Prizm which I recently retired having driven it more than 338,000 miles with its original engine, transmission and clutch still intact and never having been rebuilt! Since the Geo Prizm was a Toyota Corolla clone and having experienced first hand how reliable and economical the Prizm had been, I was naturally drawn to the Corolla, although I did consider the Honda Fit and Mazda 3 as well. I chose the Corolla for the legendary reliability and build quality, the excellent fuel economy, a comfortable, quiet ride and an excellent value overall. So far, I have been very pleased with my Corolla, but the Prizm will be a tough act to follow!

Excellent driving position and visibility. Great fuel economy (36+ mpg so far). Roomy interior and cavernous trunk with fold down rear seats.

The remote door lock and unlock feature should include an audio feedback in addition to the headlights blinking.