Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Amazing Car
By Kevin

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is absolutely amazing. It's also a road-trip machine. First road trip was from KC to Dallas and absolutely felt refreshed after arriving. Gas mileage is A+ and I love the thickness of the seats. It's also got decent pickup. Cons: Sunroof is having sort of a rattling sound. I'm also experiencing the brake pop issue another reviewer posted on. I also agree it only happens when you move from reverse to drive and vice-versa. I have yet to go to the dealer for an explanation.

Everything.

No iPod connection in an S model is really sad.

Great Commuting Car
By Cat22

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned and I am very satisfied with the Corolla. I commute 110 miles each day (mostly highways) and I have gotten as high as 41 mpg. My average mileage ranges between 37 to 39 mpg. Who needs an expensive hybrid with this kind of mileage. The engine is willing and fairly quick from a stop light. The five speed is fun and the ratios are well spaced. The a/c works great and there is plenty or room for passengers and parcels. Although the handling is not quite as sporty as my old Mazda Protege, it is a much quieter and smoother ride. Overall, very impressed with the Corolla. Is it perfect, no. Is it a great commuter, yes-especially at the pumps.

Mileage, build quality & design, willing & smooth engine, quiet ride and cabin. Love outside thermometer & gauges.

MP3 input for radio, better height adjustment mechanism for driver's seat.

Brake noise?
By jones indiana

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I started getting this popping clunking noise from brakes whenever I take off from park position or after I have reversed the car and apply brakes. I only have 14520 miles on it. I bought it brand new. It is a loud noise. The dealership told me it was a normal noise. I don't think so! The other Toyota Corolla models from previous years don't make this noise. Beware before you buy 2008 Corolla. Other than this noise my Corolla runs great 28 mpg in town, 325 miles to tank of gas of 12.5 gallons.

Lots of room inside. Oil changes at 5000 miles. Front and back bumper should be harder quality material, not plastic. One little bump and it crumbles.

The height adjuster should be easier to use, better system, The gear that you drive in should be displayed on the dash board. The model of the car and year made should be displayed on the car, otherwise how do you know what year model are you driving? They all look alike.

Uncomparable Reliabilty beyond extremes
By denzPT

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car stability was awesome, in extremes weather of -40 degree F during winter, it will cruise to a 12-14 inches of snow (without winter tires). Question of mileage? 29-30 mpg city & 36-37mpg highway... what can you ask for? Side curtain air-bag, TMPs, day-light running time, spacious leg room, wide trunk space, 6 CD changer, good AC/defroster, power locks/window, variable windshield wiper control & the fuel consuming cruise control, excellent brake against crossing moose & deers, and good suspension. Corolla rocks beyond expectations!!!

Cruise control, excellent fuel economy, stability control, good leg room & trunk space, day time running lights.

An iPod connection? Improve materials of interior & front seats control, improve windshield alignment & folding side mirror.

Smart Choice
By dudeS

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I feel so smart having purchased this car. I was doing a lot of research before buying. I get on avg 28 mpg within city and around 35 mpg on highway. Exactly as advertised. Only drawback: no mp3 player however, I feel reliability, safety and gas mileage are important than a mp3 player or fancy in built gps in a car and if you are a middle class guy like me who values money, corolla makes sense.

Legendary safety, reliability and mileage of a Corolla

mp3 player