2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Yet another Corolla
By H.Nieves on 11/11/07 19:39 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is our third Corolla. Wife had a 2003, daughter has a 2005. When my wife's HHR was totaled she wanted to return to a Corolla as long as it had side air bags. Driving my Jeep was a bit scary for her. We got the LE model with power windows, wooden like interior trim and cruise control. It sets the standard for all compact economy vehicles. Excellent mileage, smooth ride, roomy interior and a huge trunk. Perfect for city driving and for long trips for two adults and a maximum of two preteens. Well put together and indicative of Toyota's pursuit of quality even in an economy vehicle. A great bargain.

Great car for the money
By tom on 10/21/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the money. I traded in my Durango for an LE specifically for gas mileage. My first tank averaged about 37 miles per gallon. The interior is roomy and comfortable. It's pretty nice looking for an inexpensive car.

My thoughts about the Corolla
By Jose on 10/21/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is great. Small size for easy city/tight spot parking, yet spacious inside. Has a luxurious feeling to it inside. I got the LE fully equipped: ABS, EBD, curtain airbags for rear, cruise control. Acceleration is a bit disappointing on highway, but once cruise speed is attained has no problem reaching 90 mph, and sounds and feels quite smooth.

Boring looks? Try the S
By Zang on 10/20/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

S type Corolla has a much more interesting look to it, for those who are knocking the "plain" look of the Corolla, the S package doesn't add much in price but adds a body kit and rear spoiler to jazz it up a bit. Yes, it's still a Corolla, but it's much better looking in the S version. For those griping about performance, it's either gas mileage or performance, not both. Face the truth; you and I grabbed this car because it's cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, cheap to drive. If it had a monster V8 in it and had tons of performance, we would have bought a Civic; we're not happy with 10 mpg. You DO however feel much sportier and more in control of engine horsepower with a stick. Try it.

Bouncy Bouncy
By magnolia on 10/01/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a great car. The ride is bouncy on side streets at slower speeds. Our other car, a Focus, is also small, but has a smoother ride.

Experience with my 2008 Corolla
By cja on 09/19/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car gives a nice smooth ride for its size. Acceleration is smooth and the transmission shifts great. This car rides a bit high and the driver's seat is adjustable; all nice features. However, I find the steering wheel a bit too far away, making driving a little uncomfortable and the knee ends up too close to the console. I'm somewhat disappointed with the fuel economy (rated at 26/35) when my bigger accord of 1988 produced 30/34 mpg.

A Great Little Car
By Hal Jones on 09/03/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car makes more sense than any I've driven in years. First tank of gas gave 40.5 MPG! Room for everything necessary. Cleanly styled, and enough horsepower to make the interstate driving more comfortable. I didn't buy it for racing, but I sure did for gas mileage, and boy did it deliver!

Best valued car for me
By SureJuJu on 08/27/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Things I wanted in my car: fuel economy, reliability, good price, enough seating room and trunk space for my two teenage daughters. My basic Corolla CE met all my requirements and more. Only additions are an after market alarm/keyless entry system for $260, an Obus Forme seat cushion (for my back), and a free front dashboard cover from my dealer. Everything is great with this car - very satisfied so far. BTW, I still don't understand why people are complaining about the "boring" exterior and interior styling. My Corolla looks like a solid car to me - none of those fancy, weird looking "fun to drive" features inside and out.

Great car!!
By wake on 07/26/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Toyota Corolla is an excellent car. It gets great gas mileage, is very reliable, and is actually somewhat peppy for having such a small motor (if i wanted a fast car I would not have bought a Corolla). This car is excellent for people who want a car to get from work and back, or for a small family who want a reliable car at a decent price.

2008 Toyota Corolla
By Suddhatma Mukherjee on 06/22/07 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Corolla is not a fast car but is powerful enough for daily city drives and occasional holiday outing. It is more of a touring car rather than a racer or a rally car. The steering is superb with fine cornering abilities. Only the power for engine is a small let down. City driven mileage is 9.86 kmpl but highway driven mileage is 11.0 kmpl.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.