Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I love my new car
By AN

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car during the test drive. It drives like a dream! I love driving my new car... although I have only owned it for a week... I look forward to drive this car.

Love the tilt steering wheel, the radio knobs are at eye level. love the cd player and the sound. The seating is comfortable. The trunk is huge for this car. My family of four (2 teenagers) ride comfortably.

Only thing I would suggest is make the power windows, doors, etc., standard. Otherwise nothing because Toyota makes the best cars that last long after the car payments!

Car better in summer than winter
By JD

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We love the ride and gas mileage of our 2008 Corolla S. The big negative though is exactly like another owner stated if you do not warn this vehicle for at least 10 minutes in the winter the car has a lot of PISTON SLAP. We took the car to the dealer and was also told that this noise is normal but this cannot be for a car so new.

Corolla experience
By JAC2488

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This belongs to my wife which she initially bought unbeknownst to me! My initial reaction was met with derision until my first behind the wheel outing. Very powerful, no hunting of gears with the automatic transmission in OD, no mashing of the gas pedal in passing or accelerating situations even with the air conditioning on while going up a grade. Fits my wife like a glove which is what counts!

Engine, transmission, drivetrain, appearance!

Added padding to bucket seats, stiffer suspension across the model lineup, front strut bar tying in both strut towers, larger rear sway bar, standard map or foot well light like the old days.

BeatsAnyDomestic
By RosyRed

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, easy handling, dash components within easy reach, tire pressure monitors a pain on real cold days - likely with any car with TPM systems. Why they left out an MP3 connector is beyond comprehension - otherwise a perfect car. Good height, visibility, what you want in a larger vehicle but with the great fuel economy .

Nice inside appointments, roomy, clutch plays well, many speeds wipers and interior lighting. All within easy reach. I am 6 foot 200 and I find it roomy. Easy to change oil filter vs the Nissan equivalent which has the filter bet the engine and the firewall out of reach without a lift.

MP3, MP3, MP3 and also MP3 jacks

This is a great car to drive!
By Great car

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After purchasing this car, and knowing how Toyota builds their cars, I found that this Corolla had what it for me to drive. Handles very well on dry or wet roads. In city, mileage is good but on the highway, I was able to get about 35 mpg; combined about 31 mpg. Interior is very comfortable and those in the back seat are very pleased with comfort. The 'blind' spots that everyone is concerned with is not really there; one has to still move their head to look around. Getting in and out of the car is a breeze and easy. All controls are where you would want them. Great car as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite is the stereo system. The sound is amazing. Also the controls are where I like them. Comfortable to reach and use. It's easy to fall asleep in this car, even when it is moving down the road.

More electronics especially for the seats up front that should be standard on these cars. Outside of that, it's a great car.