2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
It's a "10"
By newtoyota2008 on 01/14/08 12:13 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2008 Corolla excels in all the important ways. It's nicely styled, it's most reliable, it's efficient and well handling. I've read editorial reviews that feel things are not placed exactly where they'd like, or that the model is not of a 'style' to their liking. Well, they are most welcome to spend their money on flashy boats. I smile all the way to the bank with my new 2008, and all the way down the highway. In particular, I find the driving column and seat extremely comfortable and well placed and wonder if they knew the seat had three adjustments possible (seat height, forward placement, and backrest) as well as a tilt steering wheel. I think they may have missed that .... :)

Great Value
By CorolloaDriver on 01/02/08 14:47 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a gas guzzling, cramped Mustang. One of the best decisions I made last year. We are much happier with the Corolla.

Nice Little Car
By missem2003 on 12/31/07 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in December and have liked the overall interior and exterior look. I got the black/charcoal interior. It looks really nice and I'm hoping that the clean-look lasts in comparison to beige/tan interiors. I'm really happy with the look. The exterior color is Phantom Grey and it's absolutely gorgeous! It's dark enough to cause some mystery but not too dark if you know what I mean. My car comes with slight factory tinting, though you may want to get a darker tinting for that special look. The fuel economy is pretty average. I think that the last time I looked a full tank lasted 280-miles give or take a couple of miles. It's pretty average, considering it's a 2008.

Best Purchase of My Life!
By snoqueen440 on 12/30/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been a dream. Reliable, great price and great looking. This car I think is fun to drive. I opted towards the side curtain air bags, ABS (Winter Weather Package) and sunroof. Great gas mileage rides smooth and the engine is quiet. I like the S model because it looks sporty but are not paying the price of the sporty cars. Be careful not to bottom out going in and out of driveways and parking lots!

Feliz with our Corolla
By fkarau on 12/27/07 04:58 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We are very happy with our Corolla and it is a great economical runner. Roads are rough down here in Mexico and there are a couple of annoying rattling noises from the dash and center console driving over cobblestones or paving stone roads. It isn't an easy starter. Quite often takes two attempts. Very roomy and comfortable for a small car. Not particularly impressive off the line acceleration but in highway driving performs extremely well with lots of power for passing and no down shifting even in fifth gear going up most hills. Very stable at high speeds for a small car. If it turns out to be as reliable as its reputation we will replace this Corolla with another.

Good car… if you get a good one
By Dave on 12/22/07 05:37 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2008 Corolla is a good car… if you get a good one. I bought this car because my wife and I really like our 2007 Matrix, which is in essence a Corolla wagon. Both cars have the same engine and transmission, but you would never know it. Our 2007 Matrix is smooth and quiet. The 2008 Corolla has a loud knock when the engine is cold, that diminishes when the engine warms up, but does not go away. When I had this checked out by the dealer, they confirmed it is piston slap also known as cold start knock, but informed me it is considered “normal” for this engine. I find it irritating to listen to this. I wish I had test driven the car when it was cold, before I accepted this car for delivery.

The best car to drive
By Carlos Ferrer on 12/11/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

From my first test drive, I knew that's going to be my car, I really like the way it is to drive, I love the look, the design everything, You can see the high quality of Toyota on this car, I really recommend this car.

Great Value
By srik on 11/29/07 13:36 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the money specifically for gas mileage. My first tank averaged about 28 miles per gallon. The interior is roomy and comfortable. It's pretty nice looking for an inexpensive car.

A Smart Decision
By Nick on 11/21/07 07:12 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 08 Corolla; traded in an 07 Mustang GT. I couldn't be happier with this decision. The Corolla is peppy, smooth, and handles well. Plenty of horsepower for commuting to and from work in a combination of city/highway driving. When you shut the doors, it sounds as solid as my wife's Volvo. No chance to check on fuel economy, so my rating there is based upon what I've read; I hope to get in the mid to high 30's, however. The halogen headlights are very bright. The four speaker, base stereo sounds fine. I love the simplicity of the design. This car just makes good sense. The more gas prices rise, the more money I save.

Great Value
By EJ on 11/20/07 11:53 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great value vehicle. It will pay it off by itself eventually (I use it daily on my business operations).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.