Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

2008 Corolla S
By JP

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lets see, I traded in my 2005 Toyota Matrix XRS 6 speed manual for a 2008 Toyota Corolla S automatic. First thing I noticed was how smooth the ride was. Interior materials are excellent...and the exterior styling was very well done with the ground effects, and spoiler. The white faced gauges are something I really like...very sporty but also very useful day or night time. I see they did away with those in the 2009 model. Overall, very pricey for a small car but hey you get what you pay for. I think the Corolla is worth it. Test drive it...appreciate it for what it is...a small fuel efficient vehicle that has some nice sporty accents and a bullet proof engine.

Exterior styling, Interior quality materials, White face gauges, Sunroof, Spoiler, Ground effects, Smooth ride

Better breathing via exhaust or intake.

08 Corolla S auto with Jbl sound VSA
By superjohn

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 21000 miles & love the car. I avg 31mpg on my short trips lots of 3mile rides to work. When I am on the freeway I get 38 to 41 mpg depends on how much of a hurry I am in. Love the 5k oil change interval. The trak control or VSA is a must have. JBL sound upgrade is not that special. It's the best car for the money for sure.

VSA, Side air curtains, great gas mileage. My over all avg for 21k miles is 35mpg with 70% short trips.

XM radio, Trunk button on the keyless remote would be nice.

Not what I expected
By JD

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my own first brand new car off the lot. Came as a recommendation from my parents who wouldn't help me look at anything else. A year later, I wish I would have taken my chances on my own. Uncomfortable, poor ride, driving position is horrible, can feel the engine vibrating through the floor boards with only 9000 miles on it. Way overpriced for what you get. Recently test drove other cars and realized how big a mistake the corolla was. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

The only positive I have for this car is the gas mileage.

More comfortable seats, better driving position, better suspension, improve the look... not exactly a visual appealing design, better noise and vibration dampening would be nice.

Love my little S
By cc

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got 35 mpg for this little car, I am wondering if because I am a tiny woman or the added sporty package gives me extra miles. Anyways, I am so attached to this car. I wish a little bit extra storage inside of the car like my husband's RAV. I have put 22000 miles on the car so far, never have any problem. Car still performs like new one. The state I live in has speed limit of 65 on the freeway, so I cannot say much about the power. But I do know it accelerates slower on the ramp. But it does get a little fishtailed in the strong wind gust.

The sporty look.

More storage pocket inside. ( I know I am a woman, too much junk to carry.)

First Foriegn Automobile
By David Loper

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was of the opinion that I would never buy another American automobile again, because of repairs, when I purchased my 2008 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla has changed my mind back to buying American. The Corolla gives a rough ride and, within 24,000 miles, has given me several problems. The problems are: poor handling in the ice and snow, loose steering, front brake assembly recall, constant rear brake adjustments, wipers that don't cycle properly, power windows that cycle properly, tires that need constant filling, squeaky frame when under load, and loose gasoline filler tube.

Gas mileage and fast acceleration.

Correct problems in review section.

• SUV