2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Love It!
By wms on 05/23/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We now own 3 Toyotas and we will buy again. This was by far the smartest purchase we have ever made. We are a family of 4 and this is our main mode of transportation. Now that gas is almost at 4.00 a gallon, it takes roughly $40.00 to fill it up when it is dead on empty. We bought it for the mpg and it performs well. My husband uses it daily for work, and he is rather a large person. I would suggest this car before purchasing a Yaris. The Corolla is really a nice car that you don't mind driving if you're downsizing.

A tough act to follow!
By Jerry on 05/13/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Corolla to replace my 1995 Geo Prizm which I recently retired having driven it more than 338,000 miles with its original engine, transmission and clutch still intact and never having been rebuilt! Since the Geo Prizm was a Toyota Corolla clone and having experienced first hand how reliable and economical the Prizm had been, I was naturally drawn to the Corolla, although I did consider the Honda Fit and Mazda 3 as well. I chose the Corolla for the legendary reliability and build quality, the excellent fuel economy, a comfortable, quiet ride and an excellent value overall. So far, I have been very pleased with my Corolla, but the Prizm will be a tough act to follow!

2008 Toyota Corolla CE
By MikeAZ on 04/29/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

35 MPG, head/legroom similar to my Altima and the feel of driving a Camry. Comfortable enough for my family of four on long rides and enough trunk space to fit everything. We've owned small sedans and the kids were just too cramped. Now, they like riding in the "small car" because it feels more spacious. It's also incredibly quiet, which makes up for a rather plain stereo in the CE. Lots of cupholders and storage spaces - more than I know what to do with. I also like that the clock is separate from the stereo, so I don't have to choose between telling time and finding a radio station.

A 10
By Driving 40 + years on 04/25/08 17:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven many different vehicles since the mid 1960s and cars have certainly evolved over the years. I have also done minor repairs and maintenance on cars. Have owned several sports cars and even a Honda Hybrid a few years ago. The Corolla offers the best of all worlds. Over 30 mpg city (32 to 34), with the standard transmission. A solidly built and realible vehicle, good gas mileage, fun to drive and attractive enough in design and style (the "s" model). While the Corolla may be a bit more expensive than similar competitors, "you get what you pay for". Toyota's reliability is worth the price alone.

Longevity
By Mark on 03/30/08 02:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a Nissan Frontier this car for the fuel mileage. First tank of gas was 38.5 mpg. Am going to upgrade all stereo components this coming week though the factory stuff is adequate. It gets up and goes for a small car. It is also much more quiet than a 2004 Camry that my wife drives. I can see already that I will get many miles out of this car

Great Value and Comfortable Commuter
By Chris S on 03/26/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the Sport to replace a bare-bones 02 CE and absolutely love it. I could find no comparison in the mileage and value and feel spoiled. I see a new side of the Econo-box, you can get a fully loaded comfortable car for a good price. I commute 200 miles each day and love the ride quality and comfort. There is little road noise and so far with just over 7k miles I average 37-38mpg in a mix of highway and N. VA traffic, about 390 miles before the reminder light comes on, trying for 400. I sometimes wish for more horsepower but the motor is still smooth and able and for the mileage I suppose there has to be some give.

Good Vehicle for the Money
By RBGreen on 03/26/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

First new vehicle we have purchased for a number of years, so we were looking for a great value. I have owned Toyotas in the past and have been impressed with their reliability. We compared this car against the Honda Civic and Mazda 3. We liked the Mazda the best based on design, look and finish, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $2-3K. Honda was overpriced as well. Overall we are satisfied except I hope the gas mileage improves with age. We have been getting mid-20's on a mix of urban/rural commuting and the best so far was 32 mpg on an all interstate highway trip. Driver comfort is not great on long trips. Steering wheel is too far away when you adjust the seat for proper leg room

Disappointed in mileage
By gary whalen on 03/22/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable & dependable car, but we are disappointed in the gas milage, only 32 mpg for local driving and 35 mpg on open road. Was rated near 40 mpg on open road.

Best car in the segment!
By sayantan on 03/20/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after owning a 2000 Corolla and was impressed the moment I opened the door! I have the S, which looks quite good, has lots of room inside and is a lot higher than the 2000 Corolla. However, I am not so impressed with the acceleration once the car has warmed up a little... gets a little sluggish while entering freeways too. But that apart, it is perfect for the value seeker and environment friendly drivers (who save both money and gas!). The car is a lot sturdier than the 2000 model. Just close the door and you'll find out!

Good Solid Economy Car
By Eric on 01/25/08 14:40 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Toyota (have a Tacoma & traded the Camry). The Corolla S is a sporty looking and handling car, a bit short on the power but what you get in return is good fuel economy. When you close the doors you know you have purchased a good solid automobile. My only complaint is the steering wheel is a bit awkward and uncomfortable as far as hand placement on long drives. Overall, I'm completely satisfied with this car so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.