2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews 4

2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Car better in summer than winter
By JD on 03/21/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We love the ride and gas mileage of our 2008 Corolla S. The big negative though is exactly like another owner stated if you do not warn this vehicle for at least 10 minutes in the winter the car has a lot of PISTON SLAP. We took the car to the dealer and was also told that this noise is normal but this cannot be for a car so new.

Corolla experience
By JAC2488 on 02/24/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This belongs to my wife which she initially bought unbeknownst to me! My initial reaction was met with derision until my first behind the wheel outing. Very powerful, no hunting of gears with the automatic transmission in OD, no mashing of the gas pedal in passing or accelerating situations even with the air conditioning on while going up a grade. Fits my wife like a glove which is what counts!

BeatsAnyDomestic
By RosyRed on 01/23/09 08:53 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, easy handling, dash components within easy reach, tire pressure monitors a pain on real cold days - likely with any car with TPM systems. Why they left out an MP3 connector is beyond comprehension - otherwise a perfect car. Good height, visibility, what you want in a larger vehicle but with the great fuel economy .

This is a great car to drive!
By Great car on 12/31/08 09:37 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After purchasing this car, and knowing how Toyota builds their cars, I found that this Corolla had what it for me to drive. Handles very well on dry or wet roads. In city, mileage is good but on the highway, I was able to get about 35 mpg; combined about 31 mpg. Interior is very comfortable and those in the back seat are very pleased with comfort. The 'blind' spots that everyone is concerned with is not really there; one has to still move their head to look around. Getting in and out of the car is a breeze and easy. All controls are where you would want them. Great car as far as I'm concerned.

Amazing Car
By Kevin on 11/21/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is absolutely amazing. It's also a road-trip machine. First road trip was from KC to Dallas and absolutely felt refreshed after arriving. Gas mileage is A+ and I love the thickness of the seats. It's also got decent pickup. Cons: Sunroof is having sort of a rattling sound. I'm also experiencing the brake pop issue another reviewer posted on. I also agree it only happens when you move from reverse to drive and vice-versa. I have yet to go to the dealer for an explanation.

Great Commuting Car
By Cat22 on 10/14/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned and I am very satisfied with the Corolla. I commute 110 miles each day (mostly highways) and I have gotten as high as 41 mpg. My average mileage ranges between 37 to 39 mpg. Who needs an expensive hybrid with this kind of mileage. The engine is willing and fairly quick from a stop light. The five speed is fun and the ratios are well spaced. The a/c works great and there is plenty or room for passengers and parcels. Although the handling is not quite as sporty as my old Mazda Protege, it is a much quieter and smoother ride. Overall, very impressed with the Corolla. Is it perfect, no. Is it a great commuter, yes-especially at the pumps.

Brake noise?
By jones indiana on 09/23/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I started getting this popping clunking noise from brakes whenever I take off from park position or after I have reversed the car and apply brakes. I only have 14520 miles on it. I bought it brand new. It is a loud noise. The dealership told me it was a normal noise. I don't think so! The other Toyota Corolla models from previous years don't make this noise. Beware before you buy 2008 Corolla. Other than this noise my Corolla runs great 28 mpg in town, 325 miles to tank of gas of 12.5 gallons.

Uncomparable Reliabilty beyond extremes
By denzPT on 09/14/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car stability was awesome, in extremes weather of -40 degree F during winter, it will cruise to a 12-14 inches of snow (without winter tires). Question of mileage? 29-30 mpg city & 36-37mpg highway... what can you ask for? Side curtain air-bag, TMPs, day-light running time, spacious leg room, wide trunk space, 6 CD changer, good AC/defroster, power locks/window, variable windshield wiper control & the fuel consuming cruise control, excellent brake against crossing moose & deers, and good suspension. Corolla rocks beyond expectations!!!

Smart Choice
By dudeS on 09/04/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I feel so smart having purchased this car. I was doing a lot of research before buying. I get on avg 28 mpg within city and around 35 mpg on highway. Exactly as advertised. Only drawback: no mp3 player however, I feel reliability, safety and gas mileage are important than a mp3 player or fancy in built gps in a car and if you are a middle class guy like me who values money, corolla makes sense.

Attractive Car
By BECKY on 08/26/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. The drive is smooth and the interior is soft and inviting. I still have the new car smell after almost a year of driving. The Corolla has some pretty good get-up power when you need it. Reliable and a good family car.