2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great car!
By Christine on 08/09/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My last 9 cars have all been $35+ luxury cars. When my last 2002 Odyssey bit the dust (after 220,000 miles) I decided to buy a car that would pay for itself because of improved gas mileage. After test driving a Civic, I realized I needed something with more interior space and focused on the Corolla instead. I found a great deal on a used 2009 LE, and have enjoyed it ever since. Very spacious inside (important, as I am tall as are my 4 sons) and great gas mileage. I do consistently about 38 miles per gallon on average and as such the car pays for itself (compared to my Honda). I only wish there was a remote trunk release and a horn beep when you remote lock the doors. Overall, rate it A+.

Fun, Reliable Car
By Lina on 08/08/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. I fell in love with the color first (Speedway blue) and then liked the rest of it. LOVE the sunroof; I drive with it and my windows open every day during the summer. It handles pretty well, EXCEPT in snow! Do NOT buy this car if you live where it snows a lot. I end up taking public transportation every time it snows. I haven't had any mechanical problems with it - just the regular maintenance. The only thing is the driver's window rattles and the breaks just started squeaking, but those are very minor. It is very spacious - inside the car AND trunk. Overall, great car, just wish it was better in snow!

A chick magnet
By jrmulch on 07/18/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A great car. I call it my golf cart for the interstate. Gets great gas mileage, roomy interior and trunk. Great sound system. My 15 year old thinks it is the bomb with speedway blue metallic color and the exterior moldings. I think I may not be driving this car when she turns 16. Oh well, I'll just buy another one.

2008 Corolla S
By JP on 07/16/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lets see, I traded in my 2005 Toyota Matrix XRS 6 speed manual for a 2008 Toyota Corolla S automatic. First thing I noticed was how smooth the ride was. Interior materials are excellent...and the exterior styling was very well done with the ground effects, and spoiler. The white faced gauges are something I really like...very sporty but also very useful day or night time. I see they did away with those in the 2009 model. Overall, very pricey for a small car but hey you get what you pay for. I think the Corolla is worth it. Test drive it...appreciate it for what it is...a small fuel efficient vehicle that has some nice sporty accents and a bullet proof engine.

08 Corolla S auto with Jbl sound VSA
By superjohn on 06/23/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 21000 miles & love the car. I avg 31mpg on my short trips lots of 3mile rides to work. When I am on the freeway I get 38 to 41 mpg depends on how much of a hurry I am in. Love the 5k oil change interval. The trak control or VSA is a must have. JBL sound upgrade is not that special. It's the best car for the money for sure.

Not what I expected
By JD on 06/20/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my own first brand new car off the lot. Came as a recommendation from my parents who wouldn't help me look at anything else. A year later, I wish I would have taken my chances on my own. Uncomfortable, poor ride, driving position is horrible, can feel the engine vibrating through the floor boards with only 9000 miles on it. Way overpriced for what you get. Recently test drove other cars and realized how big a mistake the corolla was. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Love my little S
By cc on 05/19/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got 35 mpg for this little car, I am wondering if because I am a tiny woman or the added sporty package gives me extra miles. Anyways, I am so attached to this car. I wish a little bit extra storage inside of the car like my husband's RAV. I have put 22000 miles on the car so far, never have any problem. Car still performs like new one. The state I live in has speed limit of 65 on the freeway, so I cannot say much about the power. But I do know it accelerates slower on the ramp. But it does get a little fishtailed in the strong wind gust.

First Foriegn Automobile
By David Loper on 04/28/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was of the opinion that I would never buy another American automobile again, because of repairs, when I purchased my 2008 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla has changed my mind back to buying American. The Corolla gives a rough ride and, within 24,000 miles, has given me several problems. The problems are: poor handling in the ice and snow, loose steering, front brake assembly recall, constant rear brake adjustments, wipers that don't cycle properly, power windows that cycle properly, tires that need constant filling, squeaky frame when under load, and loose gasoline filler tube.

I love my new car
By AN on 04/04/09 08:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car during the test drive. It drives like a dream! I love driving my new car... although I have only owned it for a week... I look forward to drive this car.

Car better in summer than winter
By JD on 03/21/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We love the ride and gas mileage of our 2008 Corolla S. The big negative though is exactly like another owner stated if you do not warn this vehicle for at least 10 minutes in the winter the car has a lot of PISTON SLAP. We took the car to the dealer and was also told that this noise is normal but this cannot be for a car so new.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.