Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Ughhhh
By akristakat1982

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla brand new and have had issues since the first month I had it. My tire pressure light goes off every time there's a slight change in temperature, even though the PSI is what it's supposed to be. I was told by the service dept. that it was a faulty sensor, and they didn't know if it would be covered by warranty. Then there has been the recalls, which happens with any manufacturer. However, today I brought my car in for my 30k mi. service and they discovered my water pump was leaking (covered by warranty) and my drivetrain belt needed to be replaced. I bought a new car, and specifically a Toyota, to avoid having constant issues while I was paying on it.

Great on gas, good daily driver (when the tire pressure light isn't constantly coming on), comfortable seats

The black color on the radio face plate started wearing off within the first month of ownership, the material should be changed.

Overall a good basic car
By Peyin

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Performance is adequate for a four banger with a 1.8 liter. Economy is excellent, seats are not all comfortable for tall or bigger people, the ride is bouncy, ac feels great, its a pity to say but definitely feels like its made in the USA, at a little less than 30,000 miles, as a 20 yr Toyota owner I can testify that Toyota quality has been compromised .

gas mileage

Toyota needs to return to high quality materials, which will bring back reliability and confidence in there vehicles/ products. Toyota biggest mistake is trusting that there vehicles be built by Americans whom use unreliable and cheap parts.

Bar None best car for your money
By texas toyota

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Recently drove from Abilene, tx to Dallas and back. My corolla got 37.5 miles per gallon. And that's with the a/c on. Idling in drive through, my lead foot, and pulling over 10 times on the way there and back. Love how cheap the vehicle was. And it is perfect for my family.

i love everything about it.

Umm, I cant think of any. I would say better mileage, but thats as good as it gets especially if you have a full load of passengers and cargo it's just enough.

Poor Corolla
By Lana

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I knew it was going to be for utilitarian purposes only, school, work, errands. After all, that's all that this car is good for. After 2.5 years driving it after buying it brand new, I got bored with it and sick of hearing the engine strain to accelerate and pick up reasonable speed. The car drives well, seeps on gas slowly (I could drive 2 weeks without filling up), but it is not a fun car. Very dependable, never had an issue with it after 20,000 and going.

Very good gas mileage. With my conservative driving, I got 33 mpg on it! And I laughed at all the other cars when gas was $4/gal.

Boring driving, strained noisy acceleration, not smooth (what do you expect?), noisy road, tire pressure gauge too sensitive with sharp weather temperature changes

Corolla is number 1
By JP

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 6 months now and think its a joy. Smooth ride, great gas mileage (averaging combination city and highway about 35) and awesome looks. I've heard the Camry is having a lot of quality control issues lately but the Corolla (at least this bodystyle) has been bulletproof. As for the engine...yes its a 1.8 4cylinder but I installed a k&N air filter and it greatly increased the power. I think the acceleration is fine and you almost forget you're in a 4. If you want anything faster, get a 3.5 V6 in the Camry! The 1.8 is a great combination of gas mileage and performance...for those that don't know its the same engine Toyota puts in the Celica GT (2000-2005).

Exterior design...awesome ground effects, alloy wheels, sunroof. interior is like what a sport sedan should be. Chrome accents are nice, and I do think the white gauges are the best!

Seating position can be a little better, and although the factory 6 CD stereo is great, I would have liked the JBL top of the line version....maybe I can get one at Toyota.