2008 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: 2008 Toyota Corolla CE

2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

CE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2008 Toyota Corolla CE
By MikeAZ on

2008 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

35 MPG, head/legroom similar to my Altima and the feel of driving a Camry. Comfortable enough for my family of four on long rides and enough trunk space to fit everything. We've owned small sedans and the kids were just too cramped. Now, they like riding in the "small car" because it feels more spacious. It's also incredibly quiet, which makes up for a rather plain stereo in the CE. Lots of cupholders and storage spaces - more than I know what to do with. I also like that the clock is separate from the stereo, so I don't have to choose between telling time and finding a radio station.

Favorite Features

Lots of standard features in base model: AC, CD, power locks and windows, cruise control, and lots of storage internally. The 35 mpg is the best feature but it's also remarkably comfortable for such a "small car". It drives like something that will last.

Suggested Improvements

The standard stereo is really poor. The rear cupholders don't really hold too much and the manual door locks are a little awkward. You can't really tell which direction you're supposed to turn the key to get all the doors to unlock.