Used 2008 Toyota Corolla S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I have no reason to complain
By mopart600

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 in November of 2007 brand new. Since then I have put 215000 miles on it. I have had it serviced at the dealership and kept up with all of the prescribed maintenance. Other than brakes, which are obviously a system designed to wear out, I have only had to replace one wheel bearing at 190000 miles. Other than that its just gas and oil. This car has been fantastic to me and since it is still in such good shape I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall of...which may be a while at this rate.

The sun roof. The handling despite the lack of real power pulling the car. The reliability.

More power! I know its difficult to balance functionality with reliability and efficiency but I know that would be something I would upgrade for!

ABS ISSUE
By tenabell

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 corolla's ABS have now caused me to be in 2 wrecks..they lock up completely and my car just slides.If the roads even a little wet its worse..I was told most likely a faulty sensor?? Anyone else with ABS issues?

08 Corolla S
By Franklin

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a Corolla before this but my husband's family has owned quite a few. I like the gas mileage and it drives smoother than the Honda Civic we test drove. I dislike the fact that the brakes make a loud "popping noise" when you take off and/or put it in reverse. It's loud enough that ppl in the back seat and on the street will make comments about why a 2008 car would sound like that. Have taken it to the dealership who says the brakes have "floating" parts on them & all 08s sound like that. Next visit in, I heard someone else complaining of the same thing. It didn't happen until the car got about 15,000 mi on it. Now it's more frequent than ever. Other than that it's fine.

White gauges, sunroof and GAS MILEAGE!

Better brake assembly system, and an MP3 player hookup like Honda civics have. Also a better front drivers seat.

A 10
By Driving 40 + years

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven many different vehicles since the mid 1960s and cars have certainly evolved over the years. I have also done minor repairs and maintenance on cars. Have owned several sports cars and even a Honda Hybrid a few years ago. The Corolla offers the best of all worlds. Over 30 mpg city (32 to 34), with the standard transmission. A solidly built and realible vehicle, good gas mileage, fun to drive and attractive enough in design and style (the "s" model). While the Corolla may be a bit more expensive than similar competitors, "you get what you pay for". Toyota's reliability is worth the price alone.

Gas mileage close enough to the hybrid, but with significantly more engine power. "S" model is attractive enough, without the sports car price or the potential for speeding tickets. Also love the Corolla's reliability.

No real complaints.

Longevity
By Mark

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a Nissan Frontier this car for the fuel mileage. First tank of gas was 38.5 mpg. Am going to upgrade all stereo components this coming week though the factory stuff is adequate. It gets up and goes for a small car. It is also much more quiet than a 2004 Camry that my wife drives. I can see already that I will get many miles out of this car

Great fuel mileage, sharp looking vehicle. The S looks best in white (what I have).

Clutch has to be mashed to the floor to start the car and cannot be adjusted. Variable speed windshield wipers would be nice. Would like to have a "beep" when doors lock and unlock with remote.