2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
First Foriegn Automobile
By David Loper on 04/28/09 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was of the opinion that I would never buy another American automobile again, because of repairs, when I purchased my 2008 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla has changed my mind back to buying American. The Corolla gives a rough ride and, within 24,000 miles, has given me several problems. The problems are: poor handling in the ice and snow, loose steering, front brake assembly recall, constant rear brake adjustments, wipers that don't cycle properly, power windows that cycle properly, tires that need constant filling, squeaky frame when under load, and loose gasoline filler tube.

Great Commuting Car
By Cat22 on 10/14/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned and I am very satisfied with the Corolla. I commute 110 miles each day (mostly highways) and I have gotten as high as 41 mpg. My average mileage ranges between 37 to 39 mpg. Who needs an expensive hybrid with this kind of mileage. The engine is willing and fairly quick from a stop light. The five speed is fun and the ratios are well spaced. The a/c works great and there is plenty or room for passengers and parcels. Although the handling is not quite as sporty as my old Mazda Protege, it is a much quieter and smoother ride. Overall, very impressed with the Corolla. Is it perfect, no. Is it a great commuter, yes-especially at the pumps.

Good MPG for the long trips to the city
By Jack on 07/08/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in 2/08 in Tempe AZ and save about $3K instead of buying it in ABQ, NM. I'm getting about 38.5 to 41 MPG a week. Car is great on gas and has low engine noise. AC works great and came with most of the options of the LE (i.e., cruise control, tire pressure sensor, power locks and Windows variable speed windshield wipers etc). Good suspension and no interior problems. Seats fold down and tons of trunk space. It been a good little car.

2008 Toyota Corolla CE
By MikeAZ on 04/29/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

35 MPG, head/legroom similar to my Altima and the feel of driving a Camry. Comfortable enough for my family of four on long rides and enough trunk space to fit everything. We've owned small sedans and the kids were just too cramped. Now, they like riding in the "small car" because it feels more spacious. It's also incredibly quiet, which makes up for a rather plain stereo in the CE. Lots of cupholders and storage spaces - more than I know what to do with. I also like that the clock is separate from the stereo, so I don't have to choose between telling time and finding a radio station.

Feliz with our Corolla
By fkarau on 12/27/07 04:58 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We are very happy with our Corolla and it is a great economical runner. Roads are rough down here in Mexico and there are a couple of annoying rattling noises from the dash and center console driving over cobblestones or paving stone roads. It isn't an easy starter. Quite often takes two attempts. Very roomy and comfortable for a small car. Not particularly impressive off the line acceleration but in highway driving performs extremely well with lots of power for passing and no down shifting even in fifth gear going up most hills. Very stable at high speeds for a small car. If it turns out to be as reliable as its reputation we will replace this Corolla with another.

A Smart Decision
By Nick on 11/21/07 07:12 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 08 Corolla; traded in an 07 Mustang GT. I couldn't be happier with this decision. The Corolla is peppy, smooth, and handles well. Plenty of horsepower for commuting to and from work in a combination of city/highway driving. When you shut the doors, it sounds as solid as my wife's Volvo. No chance to check on fuel economy, so my rating there is based upon what I've read; I hope to get in the mid to high 30's, however. The halogen headlights are very bright. The four speaker, base stereo sounds fine. I love the simplicity of the design. This car just makes good sense. The more gas prices rise, the more money I save.

Bouncy Bouncy
By magnolia on 10/01/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a great car. The ride is bouncy on side streets at slower speeds. Our other car, a Focus, is also small, but has a smoother ride.

A Great Little Car
By Hal Jones on 09/03/07 09:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car makes more sense than any I've driven in years. First tank of gas gave 40.5 MPG! Room for everything necessary. Cleanly styled, and enough horsepower to make the interstate driving more comfortable. I didn't buy it for racing, but I sure did for gas mileage, and boy did it deliver!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.