Used 2008 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
Love It!
By wms

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We now own 3 Toyotas and we will buy again. This was by far the smartest purchase we have ever made. We are a family of 4 and this is our main mode of transportation. Now that gas is almost at 4.00 a gallon, it takes roughly $40.00 to fill it up when it is dead on empty. We bought it for the mpg and it performs well. My husband uses it daily for work, and he is rather a large person. I would suggest this car before purchasing a Yaris. The Corolla is really a nice car that you don't mind driving if you're downsizing.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage! Gas mileage! Gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

None!

BeatsAnyDomestic
By RosyRed

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, easy handling, dash components within easy reach, tire pressure monitors a pain on real cold days - likely with any car with TPM systems. Why they left out an MP3 connector is beyond comprehension - otherwise a perfect car. Good height, visibility, what you want in a larger vehicle but with the great fuel economy .

Favorite Features

Nice inside appointments, roomy, clutch plays well, many speeds wipers and interior lighting. All within easy reach. I am 6 foot 200 and I find it roomy. Easy to change oil filter vs the Nissan equivalent which has the filter bet the engine and the firewall out of reach without a lift.

Suggested Improvements

MP3, MP3, MP3 and also MP3 jacks

Great car
By Nancy

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love my new Toyota Corolla LE. Drives and handles great. Love the 6 CD changer and stereo system. Plenty of room and storage space. I live in FL and need to use A/C quite a bit. I'm only getting 24 miles per gallon; not 30/38 as advertised. Does the A/C use 6 miles/gallon??? Is anyone else having this problem in hot weather. It's a 4 cylinder. I have changed my driving habits to increase my mileage such as driving the speed limit, no quick starts and stops and lowered the A/C to a warmer temp.

2008 Toyota Corolla
By Suddhatma Mukherjee

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Corolla is not a fast car but is powerful enough for daily city drives and occasional holiday outing. It is more of a touring car rather than a racer or a rally car. The steering is superb with fine cornering abilities. Only the power for engine is a small let down. City driven mileage is 9.86 kmpl but highway driven mileage is 11.0 kmpl.

Favorite Features

Power steering, vvti engine, air conditioner, passenger space, brakes, (ABS and EBD).

Suggested Improvements

This Corolla generation lacks the sporty nature of 89 coupes which it requires most. The styling is another issue where it needs vast development.

Disappointed in mileage
By gary whalen

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable & dependable car, but we are disappointed in the gas milage, only 32 mpg for local driving and 35 mpg on open road. Was rated near 40 mpg on open road.

Favorite Features

Metal timing belt.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage with cvt transmission. Like Honda uses in smaller models.