2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: "Just" What I Paid For

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

CE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

"Just" What I Paid For
By jdeb3456 on

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Reviews on this site vary significantly, I thought I would share my ongoing experience with this car. I have 62,000 original miles without any problems at all. Gas mileage averages 32 MPG in mostly city driving, including green light burnouts on a mad dash to work. Highway mileage is usually about 37 MPG, but once again, I am an aggressive driver by Corolla standards. Always careful to perform the service every 5,000 miles, including more elaborate and expensive service at 30k and 60k. I have already replaced the belt. Engine control module recall is pending, but no problems yet. Replaced OEM Goodyear Integrity tires at 40k with Michelin HydroEdge, the tires I recommend for this car.

Interior and exterior design are both simple and elegant. No fancy Bluetooth or GPS, so it can't break, right? Car is "just" nice enough to present to strangers, "just" big enough for 4 adults, "just" expensive enough to not seem cheap. Power package on my base model provides plenty luxury for me.

A more solid bet for a used car you can't find; the last Corolla from the good old days. Car is supposedly unsafe with standard brakes rather than ABS, and yet the car always stops on command. OEM hubcaps will fly off; buy 3rd party caps or just get alloys.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review