2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Lousy gas mileage

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Review

Lousy gas mileage
By Roger on

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my corolla ce automatic at 74,000 miles. Happy with car except lousy gas mileage. Good power but sucks gas at 21.5 mpg all city and 34 mpg all highway. So far I have refilled about 10 tank fulls. I drive very smooth & easy! Voluntary smog check showed exhaust extremely clean. Idle a bit rough compared to other 4 cylinder cars. Tire pressure ok. Also the ride is extremely harsh. Back suspension very stiff so car with driver only rides like an old stage coach across the plains. With 4 people, full gas tank and luggage ride is acceptable. Very weak overhead dome light and works very flaky at times.

Easy access to engine components under hood. Transmission smooth and shifts nicely.

Tell the Truth on gas mileage. My friend has a 2010 corolla and gets 20 mpg in city with 5 tanks full so far. Maybe locate brighter bulb for my dome light. Maybe dealer offers softer rear shocks and springs for my 2007. Low beam headlights very weak but high beams excellent.