Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

2007 Corolla Sport Model Review
By rob

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

No major mechanical problems to report with regular 5k oil changes. Overall the car is reliable and comfortable for commuting. I think I'm getting to the end of my first set of brakes and have replaced the tires with better michelins. The car starts and runs well even on cold mornings. My weekend ford ranger has a more comfortable seating and a better stock stereo but only seats two comfortably and gets at best 21mpg with 17-19mpg typical mileage for the 3 liter v6. The corolla's 1.8 liter gets 32 mpg most often with up to 36 or 37mpg on long road trips. Rear seats are comfortable for kids and short people but too cramped for large adults. With light loads car has plenty of pep.

Favorite Features

Controls are laid out better than on my moms 2006 base Camry and the heat/ac controls work great.

Suggested Improvements

The speed control won't disengage when the brake pedal is tapped and will resume speed unless you turn it off at the control. Sun glasses compartment won't stay shut. There have been some road noises/rattles. Trunk does not have remote release like doors.

Toyota Corolla S Excellent Car
By Erik

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The guy who wrote that this car is almost blown away in a windy freeway is absolutely right. But this could happen to any small car. The only thing I don't like from this car is the extra plastic bumpers on the bottom of car. Excellent overall quality, great gas mileage, well designed interior actually was the main reason I choose this s model the black interior reminds me the Audi a-4 1.8l. The paint on these cars is really bad quality, I don't know why Toyota is not taking care of this issue, and add for $499 extra dollars the coat protector here in Miami this is a most to protect cars paint considering here temperatures reaches an average of 92 degrees.

Favorite Features

Strong A/C which is a mUst here in Miami. Black interior. Wide enough plataform to place left foot. Excellent gas mileage, great visibility on rear window, one very important to me: the gas feeder door is on the driver's side and this a safety feature so you don't have to go around your car to fill up tank.

Suggested Improvements

At least on S models the four disc brake should come standard, considering it's the most expensive on his class, AUX jack + USB should be included in the package. The upper front windshield should come with the sunprotector at top of glass. Finally the paint of this car should come with coat protector.

My Corolla is great!
By Toyota lover

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Toyota. It looks great and sporty for a Corolla. It is very comfortable to drive and I get 32 miles per gallon on daily commutes and 38 miles per gallon on trips. The only thing that is a little challenging is that it is harder than average to see the rear when backing up, etc. because of rear headrests and the high back design.

Favorite Features

Looks and gas mileage.

2007 Corolla LE Auto
By david

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased my 2007 Corolla and it has 9400 miles on it and I love the car. I am getting combined mileage of 31 mpg! It runs and drives great, I test drove several other cars and decided this is the best value and do not regret it one bit. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for an economical vehicle.

Favorite Features

The options that came with the car are cruise control and woodgrain dash. It is great on gas and tracks well.

Suggested Improvements

The upgraded stereo is an improvement however left rear sounds weak in radio mode.

Toyotas for me!
By Mike

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Still own a 1996 Tacoma 4x4 with 308,000 miles and is an excellent truck. Needed better mpg, and since Corolla has been in the Toyota lineup for 40 yrs, I decided that would work for me. I haven't been disappointed at all. Low maintenance (doesn't even require auto tranny fluid changes!). No mechanical problems in 40,000 so far.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Excellent mileage (as high as 41 mpg in low elevations, 46 in high elevations of Colorado). Legendary Toyota quality and value. No American car can match it.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a telescoping wheel. Too far forward for driving position. Unlike any other car I've driven. Moonroof takes up a bit of headroom, but still acceptable for me at 5ft 10in.