Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Never Again!
By djyi21

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

By far the worst investment I ever made! There was paint over the clear coat on the car and you could feel it. I took it back to the dealership and said there was nothing they could do about it. My factory tires lasted about 50k miles. My suspension is creaky and my car is leaning on the driver's side. My belt snapped at 40k miles. My brake pedal is loose and wiggles! The lack of power on this thing is horrible. It handles horribly. Don't ever put a roof rack on this car. I have one now and it just act's like a sail. The car loses an immense amount of power. I've invested to much money into this car. I wish I would have never bought it.

Favorite Features

None whatsoever.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the break pedal problem. Suspension. Horsepower upgrade. Better handling. Longer lasting belt. Cut down on the cost of maintaining one of these!

MPG
By devaro

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just have to make a quick remark about MPG. I see that Edmunds put it at 29 MPG, my experience is 32 in city and 36 on Highway and this at 80+.

Favorite Features

MPG

Suggested Improvements

seats can be more comfortable

Power-computer problem
By CARMEN

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

3/9/2010 check engine light came on and I lost power. Stopped and waited about 5 mins. And started again. After about 15 mins. the same thing happened. Took to dealer, they said that was computer problem they fixed cover under a 80,000 mi guarantee- Toyota corolla ce 2007

Suggested Improvements

Toyota took care, even that they didn't sell the vehicle to us.

nothing,but a nightmare
By chucky

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car in 07. it has been a piece of junk. to begin, the windshield started to leak twice at 5000,and at 10000. then the brake lights went out.fix them at my expense. then it started to make a funny noise at acceleration. took it back. the diagnosis was that thier was a deformed hose leaking from the trans. oh yeah ,and that was at 17000 miles. took it back at 22000 miles because the glove compartment was falling apart. and know at 42000 miles the check engine light came on because the car jerks when acceleration. theirs other miner stuff i didn't mentioned,but these are the main ones. thinking of taking toyota to court,or get my money back.

Favorite Features

all around airbags

Suggested Improvements

everything.

rusty brakes
By Lily

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Corolla. So much so I bought 2. However, it was not long on the road before I noticed a lot of noise from my brakes. Every were I parked I left a rust trail. I took the car to the dealer,at least 5X. Each time they assured me the problem was correct. Finally they had a big wheel from Corporate Toyota examine the car. To my surprise, NO ONE could hear the noise, then or there after. The noise is so bad, I have had strangers at lights roll their window down and comment "Lady, you need to check your brakes". Now I am wondering with the recalls. Wish I would have bought a Ford. Service stinks as apparently does their collective hearing. I'll never buy another Toyota

Favorite Features

Sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes and service.