Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Unhappy toyota owner
By unhappy toyota owner

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very unhappy with the quality of my 2007 Corolla. I bought the car new from the dealer. I had to have the car towed and the engine computer replaced by the dealer, which apparently is a fairly common problem. In addition, the automatic transmission still shifts very roughly, but the dealer insists that the transmission is fine when it obviously isn't fine. I purchased an extended warranty since I expect the transmission to fail any day. The suspension is rough and I can feel every bump on the road.

Excellent gas mileage

Needs improvement in the engine computer, transmission, and suspension. The dealer needs to have better customer service. The dealer was very adversarial, instead of being helpful and cooperative.

Reliable, Economical Econo Box
By MidMich

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Today my 07 Corolla hit the 100K mile mark. To date, the overall MPG is 34.08. At 74K miles the engine component module went out but was covered by Toyota. At 81K miles, the intake manifold gasket was replaced for $135. These are the only problems I’ve had with the car. The OE G/Y Integrity tires were worn and replaced at 48K miles. I replaced them with G/Y Assurance ComfortTred which gives the car a quieter and more stable ride. There is still plenty of tread after 52K miles. The brakes are original. Seating position is good except very little lumbar support. I use a little pillow. I’m 6’2” and am comfortable driving 500 mile days. It’s a very good econo box.

Interior styling, Control layout, Body design, Economical and Reliable

Remote Trunk Release

Dollar for Dollar, You Can't Go Wrong
By Scott W.

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Corolla from the dealer new in Jan of '07. Overall, I went with the Corolla based purely on the proven track record of its reliability. It hasn't let me down. Only maintenance I perform is changing the oil every 5k miles (I've used synthetic since the first change at 2000 miles). The engine runs like new. Tires have been replaced (upgraded to 205/16 from 185/15) with some 90,000 mile Michelin Hydro-Edge so I think they will be the last set I buy before I trade it in. I will perform a full maintenance at 90,000 miles just to be safe.

Gas mileage. Seats are pretty comfortable to me(5'9" 170 lbs). I think they are the old 2006 Toyota Camry seats.

This car picks up a lot of road noise but getting the new tires actually helped it some. I would like to see the db's lowered in the interior.

Boring
By Cantonlax

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has proved to be very reliable, cheap and efficient, but little else. Gas mileage is high around 30mpg mixed, the interior is well designed and I like the layout. There is plenty of room inside and the outside has a nice style to it. This car is great for those who just want to get from point A to point B in a quiet efficient manner. Nothing about this car is exciting, fun, or comfortable. The seats are awkward and the steering wheel position is out of place. My "premium" wheels began to rust at 20,000 and my tires didn't even last 40,000 miles. This car has been OK to own, but I think next time I will give more thought to my purchase and pick something with more of everything.

Interior styling, control layout, body design.

Needs more horsepower! This is a weak machine that is no fun to drive. The drivers seat is uncomfortable and in an awkward position. The car has a cheap feel t it. Very utilitarian feel to the whole Corolla experience. Nicknamed mine "the appliance" because of the bland experience of owning one.

Lousy gas mileage
By Roger

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my corolla ce automatic at 74,000 miles. Happy with car except lousy gas mileage. Good power but sucks gas at 21.5 mpg all city and 34 mpg all highway. So far I have refilled about 10 tank fulls. I drive very smooth & easy! Voluntary smog check showed exhaust extremely clean. Idle a bit rough compared to other 4 cylinder cars. Tire pressure ok. Also the ride is extremely harsh. Back suspension very stiff so car with driver only rides like an old stage coach across the plains. With 4 people, full gas tank and luggage ride is acceptable. Very weak overhead dome light and works very flaky at times.

Easy access to engine components under hood. Transmission smooth and shifts nicely.

Tell the Truth on gas mileage. My friend has a 2010 corolla and gets 20 mpg in city with 5 tanks full so far. Maybe locate brighter bulb for my dome light. Maybe dealer offers softer rear shocks and springs for my 2007. Low beam headlights very weak but high beams excellent.