2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
good car but
By steve on 06/13/10 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car three years ago and it was a demo with 1,200. I traded in a 1998 Camry which was a great car. After driving this for one day I was realized what a mistake I had made, the road noise was atrocious. It gets great gas mileage, as high as 40 mpg on a road trip, 32 as an average, but the headlights are terrible at night on regular beam, in fact it is downright dangerous. I am in process of trading the corolla in on a Hyundai sonata, 2011. I have bought toyotas for years but since about 2007 and after, you read more bad than you do good about toyotas.

Excellent, reliable, affordable
By Rxwoman on 05/28/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Toyota. I bought a corolla ce 2007, used a year ago, for $8800. My old 89 Camry had to be retired because at 230 thousand miles, it was rear ended. It ran to drive home minus a trunk ( it was a hard hit). So far my 07 Corolla has been trouble free, and gets excellent gas mileage ( average 35 mpg town and highway) . It's an economy car, and interior reflects it. It's small. But I have carried 5 people, and a baby in an infant car seat without problem. What more do you want for reliable, efficient, transportation?

Great Reliable car
By Crombie on 05/19/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like how many of the reviews on this car from people are negative since the issue with the recalls. If you go back a couple pages to before December 2009 you will find the truth. Over all this is a great vehicle. Its by no means luxury. but it gets the job done every time. My Toyota like many others got a new set of tires and brakes at 45,000 but who cares. motor and trans are still tight. I'm sure I will see 200,000 out of this car. A great value and best in class for sure I had a 2003 before I bought my 2007 and put 286,000 on it without so much as replacing the alternator. I think battery tires brakes were it. keep making them I'll keep buying them.

Nice car
By Bill R on 05/04/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car used about a month ago with 26k. Nice car. I agree it could use a telescoping steering wheel. It's a bit of a reach if the seat is back. Otherwise, it's a fine little car.

Never Again!
By djyi21 on 04/13/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

By far the worst investment I ever made! There was paint over the clear coat on the car and you could feel it. I took it back to the dealership and said there was nothing they could do about it. My factory tires lasted about 50k miles. My suspension is creaky and my car is leaning on the driver's side. My belt snapped at 40k miles. My brake pedal is loose and wiggles! The lack of power on this thing is horrible. It handles horribly. Don't ever put a roof rack on this car. I have one now and it just act's like a sail. The car loses an immense amount of power. I've invested to much money into this car. I wish I would have never bought it.

MPG
By devaro on 04/01/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just have to make a quick remark about MPG. I see that Edmunds put it at 29 MPG, my experience is 32 in city and 36 on Highway and this at 80+.

Power-computer problem
By CARMEN on 03/10/10 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

3/9/2010 check engine light came on and I lost power. Stopped and waited about 5 mins. And started again. After about 15 mins. the same thing happened. Took to dealer, they said that was computer problem they fixed cover under a 80,000 mi guarantee- Toyota corolla ce 2007

nothing,but a nightmare
By chucky on 03/03/10 14:55 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car in 07. it has been a piece of junk. to begin, the windshield started to leak twice at 5000,and at 10000. then the brake lights went out.fix them at my expense. then it started to make a funny noise at acceleration. took it back. the diagnosis was that thier was a deformed hose leaking from the trans. oh yeah ,and that was at 17000 miles. took it back at 22000 miles because the glove compartment was falling apart. and know at 42000 miles the check engine light came on because the car jerks when acceleration. theirs other miner stuff i didn't mentioned,but these are the main ones. thinking of taking toyota to court,or get my money back.

rusty brakes
By Lily on 02/26/10 11:20 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Corolla. So much so I bought 2. However, it was not long on the road before I noticed a lot of noise from my brakes. Every were I parked I left a rust trail. I took the car to the dealer,at least 5X. Each time they assured me the problem was correct. Finally they had a big wheel from Corporate Toyota examine the car. To my surprise, NO ONE could hear the noise, then or there after. The noise is so bad, I have had strangers at lights roll their window down and comment "Lady, you need to check your brakes". Now I am wondering with the recalls. Wish I would have bought a Ford. Service stinks as apparently does their collective hearing. I'll never buy another Toyota

COROLLA ROCKS
By Hair_Nation_Fan on 02/22/10 10:07 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is wonderful in all aspects. Handling is tight and engine is very peppy. Great to maneuver in all situations. Not a long distance travel car since it is small in size. 35 MPG on average! Did have on instance of high engine acceleration while stopped at traffic light. That led me to reconsider owning it since the repair shop found "no problem". Since traded it in sad to say. I will miss the Toyota Corolla greatly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.