2007 Corolla Sport Model Review
By rob on
2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
No major mechanical problems to report with regular 5k oil changes. Overall the car is reliable and comfortable for commuting. I think I'm getting to the end of my first set of brakes and have replaced the tires with better michelins. The car starts and runs well even on cold mornings. My weekend ford ranger has a more comfortable seating and a better stock stereo but only seats two comfortably and gets at best 21mpg with 17-19mpg typical mileage for the 3 liter v6. The corolla's 1.8 liter gets 32 mpg most often with up to 36 or 37mpg on long road trips. Rear seats are comfortable for kids and short people but too cramped for large adults. With light loads car has plenty of pep.
Favorite Features
Controls are laid out better than on my moms 2006 base Camry and the heat/ac controls work great.
Suggested Improvements
The speed control won't disengage when the brake pedal is tapped and will resume speed unless you turn it off at the control. Sun glasses compartment won't stay shut. There have been some road noises/rattles. Trunk does not have remote release like doors.