2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great Little Car
By WTP on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Almost 50000 miles and no complaints here. Nothing but regular maintenance so far. We previously had a Kia Optima and it saw several trips to the shop at this point in its life cycle. Just a good reliable economical no frills car. Highly recommended.

I was loyal
By yellowsun_5t5 on 09/05/10 01:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I remember going with my mom when she purchased her Corolla new in '96 - and her going with me when I bought mine new 10 years later. I am a full time student and work full time, and thought having a new car meant no mechanical problems. The car worked well for the first two years, but has been falling apart since. The ECU has had to be replaced, but the engine problems persist. Toyota apparently has a "no code, no problem" policy. They apologize a lot that you 'are having problems', but that's the extent of their customer service. My engine feels like it's about to fall out, and they refuse to acknowledge that their solution to the recall on my car has not solved the problems.

Too much maintenance
By Erickk1172 on 08/30/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I used to like Toyotas, but since owning this Corolla, I'm not so happy with them anymore. I bought this car brand new and had to replace the timing belt, brakes, batter and tires all BEFORE 30,000 miles. And now it's been recalled because the engine might shut- off on it's own at any speed and not come back on. I don't think so Toyota. Stop building junk. I'll never buy a Toyota again.

I love my Corolla
By Springnbloom on 08/26/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Excellent gas mileage...about 36 - 37 MPG for highway and city combined. Love the body style. Very reliable, no problems at all except for the usual things that have to be replaced over time. Front brakes pads and windshield wipers are almost ready to be replaced and I've put over 85,000 miles on it already. (I have a long drive to work every day.) Would gladly buy another one. Only problem I've had is the overhead light, it's a little touchy. You have to put the switch in just the right spot before it will turn on.

Unhappy toyota owner
By unhappy toyota owner on 08/24/10 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very unhappy with the quality of my 2007 Corolla. I bought the car new from the dealer. I had to have the car towed and the engine computer replaced by the dealer, which apparently is a fairly common problem. In addition, the automatic transmission still shifts very roughly, but the dealer insists that the transmission is fine when it obviously isn't fine. I purchased an extended warranty since I expect the transmission to fail any day. The suspension is rough and I can feel every bump on the road.

Reliable, Economical Econo Box
By MidMich on 08/17/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Today my 07 Corolla hit the 100K mile mark. To date, the overall MPG is 34.08. At 74K miles the engine component module went out but was covered by Toyota. At 81K miles, the intake manifold gasket was replaced for $135. These are the only problems I’ve had with the car. The OE G/Y Integrity tires were worn and replaced at 48K miles. I replaced them with G/Y Assurance ComfortTred which gives the car a quieter and more stable ride. There is still plenty of tread after 52K miles. The brakes are original. Seating position is good except very little lumbar support. I use a little pillow. I’m 6’2” and am comfortable driving 500 mile days. It’s a very good econo box.

Dollar for Dollar, You Can't Go Wrong
By Scott W. on 08/10/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Corolla from the dealer new in Jan of '07. Overall, I went with the Corolla based purely on the proven track record of its reliability. It hasn't let me down. Only maintenance I perform is changing the oil every 5k miles (I've used synthetic since the first change at 2000 miles). The engine runs like new. Tires have been replaced (upgraded to 205/16 from 185/15) with some 90,000 mile Michelin Hydro-Edge so I think they will be the last set I buy before I trade it in. I will perform a full maintenance at 90,000 miles just to be safe.

Boring
By Cantonlax on 07/17/10 22:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has proved to be very reliable, cheap and efficient, but little else. Gas mileage is high around 30mpg mixed, the interior is well designed and I like the layout. There is plenty of room inside and the outside has a nice style to it. This car is great for those who just want to get from point A to point B in a quiet efficient manner. Nothing about this car is exciting, fun, or comfortable. The seats are awkward and the steering wheel position is out of place. My "premium" wheels began to rust at 20,000 and my tires didn't even last 40,000 miles. This car has been OK to own, but I think next time I will give more thought to my purchase and pick something with more of everything.

Lousy gas mileage
By Roger on 06/28/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my corolla ce automatic at 74,000 miles. Happy with car except lousy gas mileage. Good power but sucks gas at 21.5 mpg all city and 34 mpg all highway. So far I have refilled about 10 tank fulls. I drive very smooth & easy! Voluntary smog check showed exhaust extremely clean. Idle a bit rough compared to other 4 cylinder cars. Tire pressure ok. Also the ride is extremely harsh. Back suspension very stiff so car with driver only rides like an old stage coach across the plains. With 4 people, full gas tank and luggage ride is acceptable. Very weak overhead dome light and works very flaky at times.

Gerat car
By roro on 06/15/10 22:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it 4 years ago. It is so reliable and gives you the best gas mileage ever. 38 mpg on the highway and it is comfortable to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.