Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great car
By Hap

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car a little under a year, and I love it. It handles real nice. Winter driving is ok, if you drive smart. The best part is gas mileage. I get about 40 MPG. That's great with the gas prices up right now.

Size is nice. Can park easy. Rear defrost and defrost for the side windows also great.

Women need a space to put their purse next to them on the right. Very hard to get to it if it has to ride on the back seat floor, which is where I put mine when I have a passenger. Something to think about to make the ladies more comfortable. Thanks.

Unbeatable Value
By Bill

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Unquestionably the most practical, reliable, efficient gasoline passenger automobile with best resale period. The LE version has everything you need and nothing you don't. Street priced around $3K below sticker, a name brand and very plentiful, it has no meaningful competitor for basic, safe and reliable transportation with lowest total cost of ownership.

Near hybrid mileage without being a hybrid (hybrids are not available with manual transmission). Teriffic visibility makes driving and parking in tight spaces fun. Oil and filter changes are also very easy. Toyota also provides better quality OEM Goodyear tires than expected an entry level car.

Could not find an LE with factory alloy wheels even though two different styles (AW and SS) are theoretically available - had to buy as dealer option at nearly 100% markup over factory option price. Would recommend illuminating the panel illumination control.

No complaints yet
By rlse

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been happy with the S model. I am used to high comfort and performance so I was apprehensive about getting a small car like this. After test driving many cars, this one was comfortable, fun and had a good reputation. Also, I like the great gas mileage. In almost two years I have had no problems and no complaints.

I like the seats in the S model much better that the LE or CE models. I am now in my 40s and can drive long distances, so the additional comfort, support and quality of the seats is a big plus for me.

For those of us who do not mind spending more, I wish they offered a high end Corolla but I guess that would be counter to their main marketing strategy.

Great car. A few improvements
By Daniel

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great overall car. Outside it looks very good. Not too sporty. Inside is very solid and has higher quality looking materals around the dash and steering wheel. Toyota plays it safe and didn't try too hard on its design inside and out. I own the blue one. All of the paint jobs are very nice. It drives and handles great unless you are in hilly country. Then it needs some extra pep. The seats have a nice adjustable recline that is very comfortable but could be a little softer. In fact, the seats are very hard and don't break in.

Steering wheel is nice and solid. Dash quality looks great. Overall the car looks good. Their is no physical feature of this car that doesn't look good. Fuel economy. Can't complain a bit.

Telescopic steering wheel. Softer seats. Higher quality climate control dials. Needs more (lower) climate control fan speed options. Needs more (slower) rain wiper speed options. Needs satellite radio as an option.

What A Great Little Car
By Corolla Happy

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Being retired, we tried getting along with one car for a year but, living in a rural area, it just didn't work. After much research, we decided on the Corolla CE as best suited for our second car needs. Now after 9 months of of trouble free ownership, it's rapidly taking primary car status away from our '05 Pacifica. The little car is pleasing to drive and feels bigger than it is. Our fuel mileage is consistenly higher than that posted on the window sticker.

The peppy little engine and 5 speed manual transmission make this a really fun car to drive. The dash layout and quality feel of the controls is a real plus. Huge trunk and lots of interior storage space. Fit and finish is excellent.

Make the fog lights an available option. An iPod dock option would be outstanding.