2007 Toyota Corolla CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2007 Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Sort Reviews by

Wow great car
By Corolla

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is an amazing car. Fast and comfortable. Great gas mileage. perfect for people who are on the go.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and sound system.

Easy Ride and Practical
By Blal

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car ever, my previous car was a Nissan Maxima handed down from my mother. I really wanted something reliable and fuss free and I think I got exactly that with the Corrolla. The drive is pretty smooth and easy although pick-up on the highway is above average not as powerful as perhaps other cars in the same class. The interior is nice and plush and I like the extra detailing of the wood accents that come with the LE model. There are some minus points however, the buttons for the audio system are set too far away from the driver, especially if you have shorter arms, no controls on the steering wheel like Honda Civic.

Favorite Features

Auto tire pressure check, overdrive feature for highway vs city driving, fuel economy, safety with upgraded MR package and plush seats. Also really like the car design shape, I'm not into these spaceship pod looks that are in lately.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the location of buttons for the audo system, add control buttons on the steering wheel, more side space between driver seat and passenger seat, can the cup holders be the grip kind (small detail but easy to improve)

2007 Corolla Sport
By Kathy C

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota having owned Corollas since 1990. Previous 2 were LE models. The Sport- with Sunroof and ground effects is by far teh best yet! People comment on the beautiful exterior- especially the "indigo blue" color. I invent places to go just to drive!

Favorite Features

Color, sunroof, CD player, spoiler

Suggested Improvements

Only one- cup holders are a bit awarkward- I think they should go nack to under the radio

First New Car
By Javier

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2007 Corolla drives incredibly smooth for a car its' size with great fuel economy. I fill up my tank once every 15 days and it only takes $22.00!

Favorite Features

Smoooth drive with a stylish design.

Suggested Improvements

The drivers' seat takes a few days to adjust to, but once you get comfortable, it's a great drive.

Excellent car for the money
By jdtds1

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At first, I was hesitant to buy such a compact car since I have driven nothing but SUV's. I sold my 2003 Suburbam about a month ago because of gas prices but when my brother told me about the Corolla I paid attention. I was looking for economical car anyways and went to test drive it. I was hooked as soon as I drove it.It rides smoothly, it has power and it is fun to drive. The features I got for the price, automatic transmission, power mirrors, CD, outside temperture and AC all for the outrageous price of $11,998.00 is a heck of a deal.

Favorite Features

CD and AC

Suggested Improvements

power windows standard for the entry model CE.

Toyota Quality not what it's claimed
By REsson

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got a 2007 Corolla and the paint and bodywork are not good. Poor design of Rear bumper and generally poor quality paint job. Been back to dealer once for paint work and still not good. Otherwise seems to run okay, good MPG but a bit too much engine noise.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear bumper design and attention to detail on paint work.

My new car
By Anthony

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Its my first car that i bought. i used to drive a chevy cavalier. I love My corolla! It has great gas mileage. Its sporty, but very clean looking. I know it will last forever cause its a toyota. I got alot of upgraded features for a great price.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, and 6 disc in dash changer.

Suggested Improvements

Mp3 player jack

Gramps first compact car.
By By Butters

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 65 years old and this Corolla just makes me like it more each time I drive it. In the city it runs around like a peppy little rabbit and on the highway it handles 75 mph speed limits like you are going 50. Fully loaded with 3 big adults and luggage and coolers (the trunk is larger than you think) cruising at 75 mph our gas mileage was 37 & 38 mpg. Less money and better equipped than all the other vehicles I tested. In a few years I may give this car to my grandson and then I may try a Camry. Anyway, buy one and start to enjoy it right now.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage & performance are great from this peppy 1.8L 4 cylinder. Quality of workmanship throughout the vehicle is vvery high standard.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel for us older folks. A little more clearance on the headrests would be nice too.

2007 Corolla 1st Impression
By Mike C

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It looks great, bought the white S. Interior room is good. Have 2 young children and they do good in the back seat. My first mileage was 41.6 mpg with the automatic driving very easy on the highway in break-in. Except when the Escaldes try to run up your tail pipe at 65 mph. I drive 100 miles per day so will enjoy the MPG. Some people complained about the steering wheel being too far away, however it suits me fine as I drag my knuckles when I walk anyway. This is my 2nd Toyota, my first was 83 pickup which I got over 250,000 miles on b4 I sold it after 15 years.

Favorite Features

Easy to change oil, filter front passenger side. My old car 87 Honda Prelude you had to take the airbox off to get to it. Love the huge trunk for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility when backing if you look over your left shoulder is not there. Head rest blocks view. Side molding seems kinda thin, would like to see it a little beefier.

Great Buy
By D-Kal

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car one month ago. I love it. 40 mpg overall avg with 25%city/75% hwy after 2000 miles. Handles well and acceleration with the 5 speed is great. The drivers seat takes some getting used to, not the most comfortable. I am 5'll'' and 195lbs and the seat and front leg room are only adequate for my size. I would not recommend this car to anyone above 6'2'' or 220lbs. The build quality is typically Toyota solid. My backup car is a 93 Corolla that has 222,000miles on it and still runs great, so I am hoping the reliability will be the same with the 07. Overall, its a well built car with excellent resale value, is great on gas, and has a history of bulletproof reliability.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage even at 80mph on the hwy. Indigo ink is a very sharp color. Stock CD system. Reliability. 5-spd shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel, more front leg room, wider seat. Rear disc brakes would be nice.