Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Corolla CE
By Charles

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on this little car more than a year ago and wanted to write a review. It's been a great for in town and it drives well on longer trips. Our two children fit easily in the back seat and the trunk has plenty of room for short trips. We have a manual and our average gas mileage is 32 mpg in town and 38 mpg on the hwy. I think it is the best bang for the buck when compared to other manufactures. My experience has been great with all Toyota products.

Favorite Features

Outside temp gauge. Daytime driving lights. Nice stereo for an entry level car. Toyota quality. Great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of. For an entry level car it's the best bang for the buck.

Great Little Car
By Fixx33

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daily commute (about 55kms one way). I bought the SE (special edition) so it came with a sunroof. I was a little annoyed it didn't come with cruise control. The car has plenty of pickup for merging onto the highway and bombing around the city. Gas mileage was a little less than promised but still good. I would agree that the steering wheel position is difficult for taller drivers. It can be difficult to grab the steering wheel while finding a comfortable location for you legs. Plenty of space for a commuter car and lots of trunk room. Almost two years later no mechanical issues and the price was right.

Favorite Features

Sporty looks, plenty of pickup for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel location. Cruise control as an option for the CE.

Great MPG but small.
By DnA

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car as a downsize from an SUV because of gas mileage and gas prices. The Corolla has great gas mileage, we average between 32 and 35. Handles well and looks good. It is so small though. The door pockets are not large enough to put much in. There needs to be a trunk release on the keypad. It would also be nice if the direction and temperature indicator was on the rearview mirror instead of the dash. The front drivers seat can be raised... it would be nice if the passenger seat raised as well. The map lights on the rearview mirror are nice. The passenger can have it on tp read a map or whatever without it disturbing the driver.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. We went from 16 in our other vehicle to 32-35 in the Corolla. Has some good punch for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Some features too small. No trunk release on keypad. It would be nice if the horn beeped when you lock the car with the keypad so you know it's locked. Shifter can be knocked into neutral while driving just by bumping it or something sliding into it when you are stepping on the brake.

my corolla s
By J.A.O

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Corolla S. One thing I like the most is the money I save on gas. Also I like the sporty design but they should add a remote trunk opener, a little big horsepower and room in this S model. Other than that this car is great.

Favorite Features

Body kit on S models and rear spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Remote trunk opener more room and horsepower.

I think about selling it
By Pavel

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car - I bought a new one in Nov 2006 (my first car was an old Mitsubishi Galant, which I drove from 60K to 100K miles). Actual mileage (city + some freeway) = 25 mpg. The battery went dead at 6K miles, after I didn't drive for 2 weeks. The car has a good ground clearance, but when I drive on a windy freeway, it feels like the car is going to be blown away. Not enough power entering a short or ascending freeway on-ramp.

Favorite Features

Ground clearance, small size, good looks.

Suggested Improvements

More power, rear view is blocked by head rests.