Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

170k miles with only one minor problem
By prichards621

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2010 and have been very pleased. It had only 25k miles on it when I bought now it has over 170k with only one minor problem. I drove it back and forth from Toronto to the Metro Detroit area almost every weekend in all types of weather and have only had one minor problem: a few years ago that the dial for the heat/air quit working and some part had to be replaced costing me between $70-$100 (it's been a while). It has always been excellent on gas and starts up with no problems every time! I just got in an accident and the car is going to be claimed a total loss (no mechanical damage but too much body damage) I am sad to see it go!

Favorite Features

Reliability!!! Gas mileage is excellent. Comfortable seating in front.

Suggested Improvements

Steering needs better response a little numb. If you buy this car make sure you put really good tires on it, needs snow tires up north in the winter! Road noise can be really bad depending on the type of tire you put on it. Should come standard with anti-lock brakes. Not much room in the back but I bought this when I was single what do you expect its a small commuter car not good for more than one child seat in the back!

104K mi and still a beast
By waywardlorax

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is simply the best. It is a zero frills, going to get you to your destination every time vehicle. I have put 104K on it myself, purchased new in 2007. I have done regular-ish service, going about 7500 between oil changes. I used to drive aggressively, but after calming down I now get 37-42 on the highway. I hit 45mpg once.... I never get under 30mpg, ever. The only downside I can think of is that I will not be in the market for a new car in a long time. I reasonably expect to hit 200K and I no longer have a commute to work. (<1mi). Also, I have no ABS and I now live in the northeast. This hasn't been a problem yet. I've made it through very heavy snowstorms.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Super Cold A/C, Amazing MPG, Seats 4 adults comfortably for short trips.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats with better lumbar adjustments (they are not good for long distance trips.) Quieter cabin.

My first and last Toyota
By lkt82961

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car recently with 35,000 miles. I can't say much about the reliability yet, however, this car has a really rough ride as compared to my Nissan Sentra and Honda Civic. The rough ride was unbearable so I spent $590 on Michelin Defender tires which have improved the ride, but it still rides rougher than the other two cars I mentioned. The handling on turns is also poor and there is a rattle in the back ceiling that has been reduced with the new tires, but the car still tends to vibrate and bounce. Also the driver door locks to not work. It also has a very high idle and I don't believe I am getting as good of gas mileage as my other two cars. I am considering reselling.

Suggested Improvements

It needs whatever improvements to give it a smoother ride. Original tires were horrible.

toyota service
By kevin145

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

front brake locked up my dealer changed flex hose ,piston in caliper then the abs box 3 different times. cost over 1000.00 still never fixed it. said want my money back ,he said it was my fault i put dirtybreak fluid in it i said this is first problem ever had and you the dealer was only one worked on it he said tobad your not getting nothing back got mad took car to local mech fixed it for 100.00 last toyota i will ever own of any make .service is poorer then poor.now i just recieved recall on computer lol

Great Vehicle for the price
By txiong71

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great dependable vehicle with good gas MPGs. Of all 4 years that I have owned this vehicle I have never experienced any major issues with the car. The only problem that I had with it was taking it back to the dealership to fix the molding on the roof of the car that had become unbent.

Favorite Features

Favorite part of the vehicle-- It was a little bigger than the Yaris and kept me from hitting my head on the way in and on the way out of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Sways too much in the wind, but I would take that over paying too much in gas.