Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

10 year old car - Still a gem!!
By Flow

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Toyota Corolla S 2007 in fall of 2006, and named her Libby. Truth be told, I have had prettier (aesthetically pleasing) cars, but no car has ever matched her reliability. She is now 216,000 miles old and still keeps on keeping on. When I got her, I was single and now 7 years later, we have a 7 year old daughter, 2 big dogs and Libby. My husband's truck is in the shop, and Libby has been our single vehicle off/on since 2008. In 2012-current, I've had a relatively long commute for my job, upwards of 45-60 min one way, so both ways everyday - Lots of driving. Libby is a true workhorse, and we ensure she is has regular maintenance (full synthetic oil changes, etc.). She's never, knock on wood, had any major repair. Right now she needs new shocks/struts (front/back) because we've lived in some very rural areas with lots of pot holes, dips and rough terrain. I'm on this website right now because we're searching for a bigger family vehicle, and will likely give Libby to a family friend while she job searches. I want to say the Toyota Corolla S is outstanding value, reliability and performance. It is not made for fast rides and showing off, but for a solid smaller sedan that excels in endurance and good quality!

Reliable
By bob d

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Corollas are the car you can depend.

Love This Car!
By Brooke

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Corolla LE, 5-speed manual transmission car from a dealer in 2011 after parting ways with my '96 Honda Civic. I love this car. It has great get up and go and is super reliable. When I first got this car, I had a long highway commute each day and I got amazing gas mileage (36 MPG). Two years ago, I moved and my commute is now a 10 minute drive through town and even though my MPG dropped is is still averaging about 33 MPG. Not bad!

When I purchased the car it had 75,000 miles on it and since then I have nearly doubled that to 135,000 miles. It is still going strong. No issues. No super expensive repairs, just regular maintenance. This car is great! I had planned (and would love) to drive this car until it refuses to go anymore but our family acquired two large dogs so I am forced to seek out a larger vehicle. But I am sad to see my car go! I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

170k miles with only one minor problem
By prichards621

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2010 and have been very pleased. It had only 25k miles on it when I bought now it has over 170k with only one minor problem. I drove it back and forth from Toronto to the Metro Detroit area almost every weekend in all types of weather and have only had one minor problem: a few years ago that the dial for the heat/air quit working and some part had to be replaced costing me between $70-$100 (it's been a while). It has always been excellent on gas and starts up with no problems every time! I just got in an accident and the car is going to be claimed a total loss (no mechanical damage but too much body damage) I am sad to see it go!

Reliability!!! Gas mileage is excellent. Comfortable seating in front.

Steering needs better response a little numb. If you buy this car make sure you put really good tires on it, needs snow tires up north in the winter! Road noise can be really bad depending on the type of tire you put on it. Should come standard with anti-lock brakes. Not much room in the back but I bought this when I was single what do you expect its a small commuter car not good for more than one child seat in the back!

104K mi and still a beast
By waywardlorax

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is simply the best.
It is a zero frills, going to get you to your destination every time vehicle.

I have put 104K on it myself, purchased new in 2007.
I have done regular-ish service, going about 7500 between oil changes.
I used to drive aggressively, but after calming down I now get 37-42 on the highway.
I hit 45mpg once....
I never get under 30mpg, ever.

The only downside I can think of is that I will not be in the market for a new car in a long time.
I reasonably expect to hit 200K and I no longer have a commute to work. (<1mi).

Also, I have no ABS and I now live in the northeast.
This hasn't been a problem yet.
I've made it through very heavy snowstorms.

Sunroof, Super Cold A/C, Amazing MPG, Seats 4 adults comfortably for short trips.

More comfortable seats with better lumbar adjustments (they are not good for long distance trips.) Quieter cabin.