Used 2007 Toyota Corolla S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My Corolla is great!
By Toyota lover

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Toyota. It looks great and sporty for a Corolla. It is very comfortable to drive and I get 32 miles per gallon on daily commutes and 38 miles per gallon on trips. The only thing that is a little challenging is that it is harder than average to see the rear when backing up, etc. because of rear headrests and the high back design.

Looks and gas mileage.

Hey it's a Corolla
By jeffro11

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this car for gas mileage. Went with the more stylish S. Bought the 5M to make it more interesting to drive. Not going to dazzle your socks off but is going to be a very able performer. Comfortable for the daily commute. Has enough creature comforts to stave off the want of a higher end vehicle. Love the gas mileage, only having to fill up every two weeks. Toyota Loyalist.

Gas mileage, nice tight steering. Responsive around town. Gauges have a nice look. Auto headlights. Dirt cheap insurance for comp/coll.

CD player is a little bare. Would like to see sat/ipod options. Leather heated seats in the winter would be a bonus. Climate control is a little clunky.

This car is the best car ever made!!
By Corey kersten

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Corolla. My first one was purchased in 1990 and it was still running strong but I decided it was time for a new body style! I love it! It runs so smooth, drives awesome, good gas mileage! I recommend this car to anyone who likes good deals and cars that will last forever.

Everything. Awesome gas mileage, still has the power, this is great!

None. I dont know what i would change even if I owned the company.

Practical but boring
By brian

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Considering that I'm in my car all day, I must say that the Corolla is a very practical everyday car but boring nonetheless. I don't really get excited when I'm in it and I don't look at it beautifully like I did my previous car. Maybe it's because I upgraded from a 1996 Civic, but this Corolla had so much potential to be a fun everyday vehicle. Hopefully the next generation will be better.

Gas mileage, type s body is an improvement, tight manual, very reliable, reasonable price.

Lower the car (my Civic handled turns better), replace the factory tires (I slid down a damp hill through a red light), tighter suspension, two door, 6 speed type s.

Does what it's supposed to do
By Ryan

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Corolla, like all Toyotas, has been built with precision to be reliable and practical. I got the S model so I could look good at the same time. The car is fairly fun to drive too, thanks to a smooth and peppey engine and a precise 5 spd manual. I was looking at a Mazda 3, which I still think is more fun and better looking, but the price was right on the Toyota (probably because they're revamping this model for 2008)with 0.9% interest and $750 cash back on a lease. It's built for smaller drivers (I'm 6') as evidenced by the steering wheel being close to the dash and high seat height. After about a week I found an acceptable driving position, but still no thigh support.

Great powertrain, well built, comfortable seat cushions (a little small though), classic good looks, reliable, amazing resale value, high quality interior materials, excellent fit and finish, fun to drive, good gas mileage to power ratio(you won't get the 32/41 MPG stated though. Plan on 25/35.

If we wanted a ton more features, power, etc. we'd be buying a more expensive car. Having this kind of build quality for less than $16k is remarkable, I think. The stereo could have a little more power and better speakers with an aux in, I suppose.