2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
104K mi and still a beast
By waywardlorax on 07/22/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is simply the best. It is a zero frills, going to get you to your destination every time vehicle. I have put 104K on it myself, purchased new in 2007. I have done regular-ish service, going about 7500 between oil changes. I used to drive aggressively, but after calming down I now get 37-42 on the highway. I hit 45mpg once.... I never get under 30mpg, ever. The only downside I can think of is that I will not be in the market for a new car in a long time. I reasonably expect to hit 200K and I no longer have a commute to work. (<1mi). Also, I have no ABS and I now live in the northeast. This hasn't been a problem yet. I've made it through very heavy snowstorms.

My first and last Toyota
By lkt82961 on 07/12/12 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car recently with 35,000 miles. I can't say much about the reliability yet, however, this car has a really rough ride as compared to my Nissan Sentra and Honda Civic. The rough ride was unbearable so I spent $590 on Michelin Defender tires which have improved the ride, but it still rides rougher than the other two cars I mentioned. The handling on turns is also poor and there is a rattle in the back ceiling that has been reduced with the new tires, but the car still tends to vibrate and bounce. Also the driver door locks to not work. It also has a very high idle and I don't believe I am getting as good of gas mileage as my other two cars. I am considering reselling.

toyota service
By kevin145 on 01/24/12 09:18 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

front brake locked up my dealer changed flex hose ,piston in caliper then the abs box 3 different times. cost over 1000.00 still never fixed it. said want my money back ,he said it was my fault i put dirtybreak fluid in it i said this is first problem ever had and you the dealer was only one worked on it he said tobad your not getting nothing back got mad took car to local mech fixed it for 100.00 last toyota i will ever own of any make .service is poorer then poor.now i just recieved recall on computer lol

Great Vehicle for the price
By txiong71 on 11/28/11 19:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great dependable vehicle with good gas MPGs. Of all 4 years that I have owned this vehicle I have never experienced any major issues with the car. The only problem that I had with it was taking it back to the dealership to fix the molding on the roof of the car that had become unbent.

This is a great Car
By jhonsonjr on 07/14/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought our corolla with fourteen thousand miles on it. It was about eighty eight thousand now and it has been great. It has ran great it is safe ( proof from being in a hit and run at 55 mph) And it has been the car that saves us money on gas I would recommend this car to any one.

Good value for an inexpensive car.
By rrtxcorolla on 04/01/11 14:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla S brand new in '07. It is 04-2011 now. I put 99.7% of the 65,000 miles on it myself. I have only done routine maintenance to date. Brakes and tires at 59,995 miles, Synth Oil changes every 7,500 miles, engine air filters every 15,000 miles, and cab filters every 30,000 miles. I'm planning on replacing belts and plugs at 75,000. It delivers 28 mpg in the city, and 38-42 on the highway depending on how fast I drive. I have had NO problems. None. This isn't a luxury car. It isn't a sports car. It isn't a tiny car. What it is, is a good, dependable small-car with a low cost of operation Everything works like it did when I drove it off the lot brand new.

We Expected Much Better
By waldteufel on 02/15/11 07:25 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2007 Corolla LE AT was our fifth new Toyota purchase since 1989, and it will be our last. The quality of design and build, ride and fuel economy of this vehicle are very poor. The AC compressor didn't work from the start due to a small projectile impact that damaged the fins; the thing is placed low, in front and has more than a foot of open air space between it and the road. $1,200 to replace it. The road noise, stiff ride, and engine vibration is off the chart awful, but what worries me is the loud ticking when the engine is cold. It sounds like the valves/lifters are starved for oil, or what Toyota service people call "normal."

Ordinary with Hiccups
By kk2482 on 01/07/11 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Corolla brand new. It now has over 60k miles. My car is immaculately maintained. Sorta fun to drive. Comfortable seats. Great reaction time when driving. Only hiccups I've had: The keyless entry for some reason stopped working about four months ago. Dealership says I need to get it reinstalled and they don't cover it. Yet my friend with an 03 Corolla has never had her keyless entry maintenanced and it works flawlessly. Odd. Oh also sometimes the windows don't work. The driver side door lock button will not unlock the doors, yet it will lock them. Electrical issues are popping up everywhere seems like. Good car overall, minus hiccups. Hope this helps!

"Just" What I Paid For
By jdeb3456 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Reviews on this site vary significantly, I thought I would share my ongoing experience with this car. I have 62,000 original miles without any problems at all. Gas mileage averages 32 MPG in mostly city driving, including green light burnouts on a mad dash to work. Highway mileage is usually about 37 MPG, but once again, I am an aggressive driver by Corolla standards. Always careful to perform the service every 5,000 miles, including more elaborate and expensive service at 30k and 60k. I have already replaced the belt. Engine control module recall is pending, but no problems yet. Replaced OEM Goodyear Integrity tires at 40k with Michelin HydroEdge, the tires I recommend for this car.

Bland but Grand
By Ralphist on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car in June '08 with about 6,000 miles on it. It now has 62,300 and it runs wonderfully. The car always starts right up. I think the idle runs a bit high, but I am told this is normal. As per the manual it should idle at around 750 RPM. Mechanically nothing has needed to be addressed. I have only replaced a front light bulb. I have really scrutinized EVERYTHING with this car. Other than the idling (which turned out to be normal) the other thing I noticed is that the belt sometimes squeaks after start up. This happens during wet weather, particularly during the first start. That's about all I find as far as the negatives go. This car runs smoothly and is very easy to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.