Used 2007 Toyota Corolla LE Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Faithful little car
By catherine r

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Mechanic says at 125,000 miles (mostly highway miles) it'll go another 125,000. It's that well-made. Rust appeared only in 10th year of ownership and I had it removed. Now it's like new.

Love This Car!
By Brooke

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Corolla LE, 5-speed manual transmission car from a dealer in 2011 after parting ways with my '96 Honda Civic. I love this car. It has great get up and go and is super reliable. When I first got this car, I had a long highway commute each day and I got amazing gas mileage (36 MPG). Two years ago, I moved and my commute is now a 10 minute drive through town and even though my MPG dropped is is still averaging about 33 MPG. Not bad!

When I purchased the car it had 75,000 miles on it and since then I have nearly doubled that to 135,000 miles. It is still going strong. No issues. No super expensive repairs, just regular maintenance. This car is great! I had planned (and would love) to drive this car until it refuses to go anymore but our family acquired two large dogs so I am forced to seek out a larger vehicle. But I am sad to see my car go! I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Unbeatable Value
By Bill

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Unquestionably the most practical, reliable, efficient gasoline passenger automobile with best resale period. The LE version has everything you need and nothing you don't. Street priced around $3K below sticker, a name brand and very plentiful, it has no meaningful competitor for basic, safe and reliable transportation with lowest total cost of ownership.

Near hybrid mileage without being a hybrid (hybrids are not available with manual transmission). Teriffic visibility makes driving and parking in tight spaces fun. Oil and filter changes are also very easy. Toyota also provides better quality OEM Goodyear tires than expected an entry level car.

Could not find an LE with factory alloy wheels even though two different styles (AW and SS) are theoretically available - had to buy as dealer option at nearly 100% markup over factory option price. Would recommend illuminating the panel illumination control.

Corolla LE
By paradise_city

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For an economy car it has ample room for a normal sized person. I like the pep the car has and it can zip around with ease. Nice body styling with very easy to use dash panel controls. The interior does not appear "cheap" like some of the other economy cars. Smooth ride on good surface but you feel it when the road gets bumpy.

Gas mileage averaging about 34 mpg riding with a passenger daily and using the air conditioner.

Make it ride better and with less road noise. Seat and steering wheel placement could be better.

Uncomfortable but necessary
By GoodComute

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2000 Pontiac Bonneville with a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE 5 spd. The only reason we went with a small car was because of the cost of gas, otherwise we would have never done it. The 2007 Corolla is horribly uncomfortable to drive. There is no support under the front part of your thighs, and the steering wheel is too far away. It seems impossible to adjust the seat to get into a comfortable driving posting where you can actually grab the steering wheel at 10 and 2. My wife owned an '89 Toyota Corolla and it seems like it has changed little since then except gotten more uncomfortable.

Great gas mileage. I drive 45 miles a day and I am getting every bit of the sticker posted gas mileage for the 5 spd (32 - 41). The Toyota also has a good size trunk for a small car, I've got my golf clubs, and a whole bunch of other stuff in there.

Better side impact. IIHS gave this a poor rating without the side impact airbags. That is the worst rating. That is almost like signing your own death certificate. I am scared to put my kids in this car. Also, fix the seats, give it a telescoping steering wheel.