Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Unhappy toyota owner
By unhappy toyota owner

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very unhappy with the quality of my 2007 Corolla. I bought the car new from the dealer. I had to have the car towed and the engine computer replaced by the dealer, which apparently is a fairly common problem. In addition, the automatic transmission still shifts very roughly, but the dealer insists that the transmission is fine when it obviously isn't fine. I purchased an extended warranty since I expect the transmission to fail any day. The suspension is rough and I can feel every bump on the road.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Needs improvement in the engine computer, transmission, and suspension. The dealer needs to have better customer service. The dealer was very adversarial, instead of being helpful and cooperative.

Never Again!
By djyi21

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

By far the worst investment I ever made! There was paint over the clear coat on the car and you could feel it. I took it back to the dealership and said there was nothing they could do about it. My factory tires lasted about 50k miles. My suspension is creaky and my car is leaning on the driver's side. My belt snapped at 40k miles. My brake pedal is loose and wiggles! The lack of power on this thing is horrible. It handles horribly. Don't ever put a roof rack on this car. I have one now and it just act's like a sail. The car loses an immense amount of power. I've invested to much money into this car. I wish I would have never bought it.

Favorite Features

None whatsoever.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the break pedal problem. Suspension. Horsepower upgrade. Better handling. Longer lasting belt. Cut down on the cost of maintaining one of these!

Disappointed
By Pat

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Picked up this car 5/2007 and now have 1200 miles on it. Vehicle came equipped with Goodyear Integrity P185/16 which have an air loss problem. Letters to Toyota USA & Goodyear unsuccessful & forget the dealer bad news with them. Even though Toyota chose to put these tires on their car they blame Goodyear & Goodyear is unresponsive. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety website there are 25 complaints filed on these tires so something is wrong. Overall for this car Toyota has failed with it the interior is sloppy & the vehicle handles like it is 4 yrs old not 4 months old. Also once I tilt the wheel I cannot see the speedometer

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Better & safer tires. Redo the position of the speedometer so it can be seen.. Better customer service at Toyota USA.

toyota service
By kevin145

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

front brake locked up my dealer changed flex hose ,piston in caliper then the abs box 3 different times. cost over 1000.00 still never fixed it. said want my money back ,he said it was my fault i put dirtybreak fluid in it i said this is first problem ever had and you the dealer was only one worked on it he said tobad your not getting nothing back got mad took car to local mech fixed it for 100.00 last toyota i will ever own of any make .service is poorer then poor.now i just recieved recall on computer lol

Extremely Poor Seating Comfort
By Dr. B.

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a brand new 2007 model in Nov 2006 paying a high premium. In a year, I have come across these problems: (1) One day, the computer broke (went out of order) by itself and the car totally stopped. I had to get it towed to the dealer who fixed the necessary hardware & codes taking 3-4 days. But if this would have happened during one of my journeys to Canada, what would have been my fate? (2) The driver and front passenger seats are horribly uncomfortable. We feel as if we are sitting on a wooden bench without any cushion. In a drive of 30 minutes, you would like to get off the seat because of the pain it gives. Also, arm-rests are not provided. I am not at all happy with Toyota.

Favorite Features

I have not yet verified, but people say that it gives reasonable gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

1. We expect much more seat comfort with good cushion. 2. More reliable computer.