2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: What Else Could Happen?

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

What Else Could Happen?
By Jayris on

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, so before I fell out of love with this car, I loved it. No problems came along. Nothing what so ever. Now its a different story. Since the beginning of last year, I've numerous problems out "Toyota's best selling car". First was my drive belt or serpentine belt, whatever that is. Then my transmission started acting weird, so I had the fluids changed and still the same problem. Now its the brakes. My rotors are in bad condition with extremely heavy pulsation and shaking when braking. I've had service done about three times for the same problem and it still continues. Now there's a recall out. What else could go wrong!? Sometimes I wish that I'd never purchased this car.

Pretty much nothing.

By derhamjustin
on 04/19/12 07:28 AM (PDT)

everything you are describing except the transmission are COMMON MAINTENANCE items that you have to do with every car. You should be happy about toyota standing behind their product in every aspect by putting recalls on known issues with their vehicles. most other car manufacturers only recall safety issues whereas toyota recalls anything that is a known issue so they may keep customer satisfaction. I dont care what car u buy you will eventually have to put on brakes and rotors and change the drive belt, it is called PROPER ROUTINE MAINTENANCE, read your owners manual's maintenance schedule.