Reliable but boring
By costeld on
2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I started driving my 06 Corolla about 1.5 yrs ago. It had 135K on it when I started (belongs to a company I work for) and now has over 200K. I drive everywhere from the highway at around 80 mph to long, windy, bumpy country driveways where I have to carefully pick a route around boulders, dips, bumps and puddles to avoid high centering. I drive the car like a New York city cab in town (time is a crucial part of job) and I often drive 50-60 mph on gravel roads. Car has held up extremely well! When I get home from a 400 mile during spring break up I am surprised the car held together. When i leave the next morning the car is unphased by the day before. Very robust car!
Favorite Features
Reliability, ease of entry/exit, quite at highway speeds.
Suggested Improvements
No personality. "An appliance on wheels". Looks dated (body style was released March of 2002). Plain interior. Front bumper cover flimsy and does not withstand slight impact (I cracked the lower portion below license plate going over rough snow in a driveway). Mine goes through front pads and rotors about every 30K (might be due to driving habits). Drifts and vibrates severely over washboard especially under load i.e. going up hills. Puny tire size (185): potholes seem severe when compared to a vehicle equipped with 235 or 245. Rims bend easily when inadvertantly hitting submerged pothole on unfamiliar roads. No standard ABS! What? Fan kicks on frequently and repeatedly when at idle.