My Second Corolla also did not dissapoint
By intensor101 on
2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I love this car! It's fun to drive and it's reliable. I had bought an '02 as my first vehicle brand new, and it did not disappoint on gas mileage and reliability, although I had chosen the CE version cause being so young that's all I could qualify for. The '06 is responsive, corners well, and the transmission is smooth enough for its class. The black paint job is beautiful and waxes well. I love the spoiler, and the trunk space is roomy enough for a lot of stuff if you pack it right.
Favorite Features
I love the paint job that shines well with good wax. I recommend turtle wax ice. Road noise is exceptionally minimal, and the transmission is smooth. Love the spoiler. It gives it that sporty look with the S versions side body moldings. The trunk space is more than enough if you pack your things up just right.
Suggested Improvements
The stereo was not that great, although it still had a good level of bass to it. The seats are not as comfortable for long road trips for a car that gets such good gas mileage. Most people would use a car like this for long trips as well, and Toyota should work on making the vehicle more comfortable for the long haul. The controls were a bit off and far reaching from a good driving position. I'm 5' 11", and from where my seat was, I have to reach out too far during driving to adjust some controls. The factory tires were replaced at 35k. The brakes were replaced around 80k, and the rotors at 90k. Had a computer chip problem that required replacement at the dealership.
By costeld
on 06/08/12 21:47 PM (PDT)

Wow! You got 80 and 90K out of the brakes! Mine requires pads and rotors every 30-40K.