My first Toyota
By ruffy25 on
2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
At age 58 and having owned maybe 20 cars, this is my first Toyota and I do not regret it. I bought it on it's reputation for reliability and life-span, and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and performance. The 1.8L gives decent acceleration, I had a concern that because of my driving habits, which consist of a 1.5 mile trip to the store, shut off, re-start and come home totals 3 miles of driving about 4 times a week that eventually the battery would not re-charge from not enough driving. But after 5 months: no problem. I have of course taken longer trips, but what I described sometimes goes on for a month. Complaint: no trunk-open on remote entry.
Favorite Features
Remote entry, (except no trunk button), very well performing A/C (where I live 105+ is not uncommon) and I have no place to park out of sun but it cools car quickly. Power adjust mirrors, side air-bags
Suggested Improvements
Not only does the remote have no trunk button, a valet, or anybody that managed to get inside car,can get in trunk because of a mechanical lever by gas-filler door open. A thief could smash the driver window and have the trunk open in 5 seconds, before I could react to alarm from inside my home. So I simply keep nothing of value there, but I wish I could because the wife needs very expensive special medical equipment and I can not keep spare/emergency devices in car for that reason.