Have loved every mile!
By ohionative74 on
2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I bought it new in 2006. I have put 120K mostly highway miles on it in the last 6 years. The original Bridgestone tires were good until 75K w/regular rotations. The brakes were replaced at 118K, not b/c they were squeaking, but b/c the fronts needed it soon, hubby did all 4 at one time. Check engine light came on at 78K, ECM in transmission went bad and was covered in a recall. Check engine light came on at 119K, ECM software glitch, no fix yet, but the light is out, car is driving fine, and the fix will be free when it is ready for download at my dealership. I have been very satisfied with this car. Least favorite aspect of Toyota build is the paint...it chips easily.
Favorite Features
Reliability is huge for me. Love to have a car that is on the road, not in the shop. Gas mileage, usually 38mpg. Easy to park.
Suggested Improvements
Paint needs an upgrade. The hood is riddled with chips I have fixed with touch up paint. It is light, so you feel tossed around on the highway, until you get used to it. I think this attributes to the gas mileage though and the long wear on the tires/brakes, so not sure I would change this.