2006 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great mileage and reliability

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great mileage and reliability
By happy2own on

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The S model is a fun car to drive with great mileage on long trips (up to 41). It gets better mileage than my old 96 with more power. The 5 speed transmission is not the smoothest shifter I've owned but it makes the car seem more powerful. The exterior looks sporty with the body kit, spoiler, and fog lights. The interior has nice build quality and the trunk size is more than proficient. No mechanical problems at all. I've never been to the shop since I change my own oil. I would definitely recommend.

Favorite Features

Looks nice, great mileage (up to 41 MPG), sunroof, trunk space, interior fit and finish, low maintenance costs including cheaper tires. Good acceleration with Manual Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Annoying beeping seat belt indicator (Shut up already!), back seats do not fold completely flat, no trunk opener on keyfob. Grinding shifting sometimes if clutch not completely pushed to floor. Better fit for shorter drivers.