Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My Corolla S
By My Toyota Corolla

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 06 corolla s for about one year now and I'm very pleased with it. Before I purchased my car, I was driving a 03 corolla ce. At that time it had 52,000 miles, currently 120,000. I didn't like the BASIC trim with no pwr windows, door locks, cruise, abs, etc. The 03 is in great condition, despite some maintenance that's needed. The 06 s is way better. I love the exterior design with the full body pkg. Rated at 126 hp is not much, but really doesn't feel like 126. I've taken the liberty and placed a v6 badge on the vehicle, of course I raised a few eyebrow's, but hey, why not. Fill the tank with 93oct, and you notice a big difference. Overall I'm satisfied with it. It's a great car.

The ride quality. Very quiet and smooth. Handling is exceptional. MPG'S.

Improvement's would have to be: Bigger engine and tranny, different choice of rear suspension, maybe a independent rear suspension. More standard safety feature's. More feature's for driver and passenger's.

REAR ENDED GLAD I WAS IN THIS CAR
By gatorsmom

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was rearended 2 weeks ago by a gentleman doing at least 45 MPH while I was at a dead stop. I thought for sure my trunk and the back of my car was demolished but to my surprise not even close. I had some bumper damage and lost my fenders but that was it! I will recommend this car to everyone I know because it is safe.

Used to be cosmetic but now I would have to say the way it stands up in a collision.

Over 3 years and I'm still giddy
By Zippy

2006 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove the Civic and the Corolla, and the Corolla was faster, tighter and got better mileage. I still wanted something quicker and tried the XRS. It was WELL worth the extra money. I LOVE driving this car! That said, the power curve is not at all smooth and I've adjusted how I drive to compensate. You almost have to plan ahead. I put a graphite gear shifter knob on it which really improved my ability to "feel" the gears and shift with accuracy. The car pushes a little around corners, but I guess that's safer than the alternative. I didn't know it only took premium until after two tanks of regular. I don't like paying more for gas, but it's still worth it.

Exciting power jump at 7K RPM, decent cornering, 6 disk CD changer, sport seats with side supports, 4 doors, remote power locks.

Fix the power band. It's very peaky and it waits too long to kick in so there is a totally stupid power gap between 65 and 75 MPH - right were I want it most. So you wind up passing in 2nd gear on the freeway!!! What I wouldn't do for an aftermarket ECU.

Good car so far
By john

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in 2006. Currently have about 27,000 miles on it. No problems at all. Fuel economy is great. took it on a long trip (4500 miles in 21 days) from PA to Rocky mountain national park and up to Yellowstone and back again. Car preformed very well on the hills and 70 mph on the interstates with AC on. So far, not one glitch. Shooting for 150000 on this baby!!

Seems well built and sturdy and has a very nice highway ride.

Longer mud flaps should be standard in order to keep debris from hitting lower panels.

Full Throttle
By Yarrrr!

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Flawless car. Any time I think I hear a noise or think the car has changed in some way, it's just me. It is amazing. Mine gets 39mpg on the highway (manual) and gets around 30 in town. It's great fun to wind it out once in a while through the gears. Absolutely amazing quality and efficiency. I love it!

Manual transmission, clutch, brake feel, powertrain responsiveness and that amazing fuel economy.

Put better tires on it from the factory than Goodyear Integrity. Almost anything will wear more evenly, more slowly, and will have higher grip. The Goodyears do squeal around corners nice and loud though. Ha.