2006 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
my dependable 4 banger
By joe schmoe on 12/05/06 17:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I decided to go with the corolla because of the fuel efficiency. I wasn't going to wait for the prius (at the time there was a waiting list). As you can tell I drive a lot and that was my main motivation. The driving experience and everything else that comes with the car is extra. I know I've been spoiled by toyota because I get in other comparable makes and models that my friends have and the drive is not even close to how smooth and good the drive is in my corolla. I love it!

Toyota Final Review
By kennison on 12/02/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

An excellent vehicle! I am 72 and have owned many vehicles from the Ford Model A to luxury Mercedes. The Corolla is one of the most practical and reliable cars on the market. Don't waste your time and money on lesser autos...advice from an old man!

Great so far
By CE2006 on 11/28/06 07:39 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have loved this car! We have had no problems and love the great MPG. We would buy another one.

So far I love it
By NikkiB on 11/20/06 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got my car in Feb. 2006, so far I have had no troubles with it. The price was good and it had all the basic features that I wanted (I have the LE). The driver seat was a little hard to get used to at first and the back seat head rests are a little high for me to see over sometimes. I like how the radio/CD player are up high on the dash, I don't have to look down while driving to change stations. I love how the lights are automatic. One feature I like, but don't like, when you unlock the car and don't open the doors it will lock up automatically after a few min. Like, in case I can't remember if I locked it, dislike, keys could still be inside.

Small issues
By king on 11/01/06 10:47 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Prior to purchasing a 2006 Corolla, I had a 1991 model for 15 years. I loved it so I wanted another. I have only had the 2006 for a few months, but I wanted to give a review after my first trip to the service department at 6,000+ miles. The trim on the roof was coming loose at one end. The initial prognosis by the service department technician was to replace as this occurs occasionally. They instead glue it down (something I could have done). The second issue, which is more unacceptable, is a spot protruding under the carpet on the hump in the back seat area. I noticed the carpet wearing (at 6,000+ miles) and they said the protrusion is part of the carpeting and all corollas have it.

Corolla
By D. Russo on 10/19/06 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mother bought me a Toyota Corolla as my first car. Overall, it's reliable and wonderful to drive. It gets me from Point A to Point B safely. Besides, the gas mileage is amazing.

06 corolla
By rosconey on 10/07/06 05:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

so far so good-after a 2000 neoen this thing is great-i like the high exit hight after a long day of work- nice ride for a car its size,plenty of pep from the 1.8 and even though its a little soft in corners i would expect that from a car sitting this high- interior is a little cheap looking-the neon had a much nicer interior looks and quality of materials used-not sure how well all the plastic will hold up in the corolla- 40mpg or so on the highway is real nice- auto headlights are a gimmick that works great-

Does'nt get advertised gas mileage
By Larry Guice on 09/24/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Vehicle is nice, but it does'nt get anywhere the gas mileage that was advertized

Excellent vehicle
By onlytoyotas on 09/23/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla for two months. It is an excellent vehicle for driving around town. I haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but 30 miles on the highway felt fine. Seating and steering wheel positioning is a bit tricky, but I found a position I'm happy with. I definitely like the feel of driving it, it handles nicely, and feels secure. The seats on the LE have a nice soft feel. The heating and A/C work great. The gas mileage so far has been similar to rated mileage - about 30 in overall driving (drive up hills a lot). I got the LE for invoice which I was happy about. A couple of small things - car dings pretty easily, and a very annoying seat belt ding. Otherwise very happy.

Smooth
By Phantom on 09/15/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this Corolla S for about 3 months now and by far this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. The ride quality superb, the interior is very spacious and appealing. You can't find a better looking car for under $18000. I was looking into a Scion TC but a TC with the all the options on the Corolla S was close to $22000. To sum it up: Test drive one. period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.